How many out of a hundred ?

NottsRam77

Sat there yesterday and I won't lie I groaned with the other 26 odd thousand when we dollied yet another corner into their keepers arms.

turned to my dad and joked if we had a 100 corners how many do u think we would actually score, had a bit of a chuckle with those around us and then depression and realisation sunk in, 

How many would we actually score ?

this isn't a new thing either, take sir jake out of the equation when was the last time we looked a threat on corners, u can actually open that up and say set pieces in general

but how many out of a hundred do u think we would score, and how many closeys?

this could get depressing lol 

I'm going for 3 goals with 6 closeys 

43 dollied into the keepers arms 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams hardly ever score from corners* but fans love em. It's always been that way. It's far easier to defend a corner than a random attack and cross. 

Think about it; if your team lets in a goal from a corner then everyone goes berserk. Yet when we don't score from a corner, it's seen as failure. You can't have it both ways.

When we were playing free flowing, scoring football a couple of years ago, it wasn't an issue as goals were coming from all over the option. Now we can't buy a goal so we're relying on corners; a bit like waiting for a lottery win to sort your life out.

* except the toon v Derby

10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

So what's that 2 in the last 4 home games against ... Kinda matters doesn't it lol

i do take your point on board but the amount we score from them compared to the amount we concede is very disproportional and has been for a while 

Because we're crap at the moment. Actually it's 3 as Newcastle scored twice from a corner and Liverpool once. 

It's a bit like the old 'how come the top teams get so many penos?'. It's because they attack more frequently in the box and make it more difficult for defenders.

The chances of scoring from a corner are very very low. Then add to that, that we're a team who only scores once every 3 games, then it's odds on you'll be at a derby game where don't even blummin score, never mind from a corner!

18 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Because we're crap at the moment. Actually it's 3 as Newcastle scored twice from a corner and Liverpool once. 

It's a bit like the old 'how come the top teams get so many penos?'. It's because they attack more frequently in the box and make it more difficult for defenders.

The chances of scoring from a corner are very very low. Then add to that, that we're a team who only scores once every 3 games, then it's odds on you'll be at a derby game where don't even blummin score, never mind from a corner!

Oh I forgot about their second one lol,

I think i tried to blank the end of that game from my memory. Infect I'm doing my best to blank most of this of this season out lol 

so thats 3 against in the last what 5 games or whatever and how many did we score all of last season when we finished in the play offs and one of the better sides in the league so doing more atracking as u say 

my point is we don't seem to score as half as many as others do against us, and I genuinely never feel like we're going to score from corners or set pieces as our delivery is purely atrocious in the main 

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely none, we've score about 5 goals from corners in 4 years, our crossing in general is abysmal 

There was one last year and Hanson scored one too a couple of years ago.. so yes about one a season. In 46 games a year. Maybe 5 corners a game. So from 100 corners about 0.5 goals scored per corner.  

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

There was one last year and Hanson scored one too a couple of years ago.. so yes about one a season. In 46 games a year. Maybe 5 corners a game. So from 100 corners about 0.5 goals scored per corner.  

It's when you put it like it's no reason we struggle, set pieces are a key part of the game and if we can't utilise them we're shooting ourselves in the foot

Archived