If NP left who would you like in charge...

BranstonRam

56 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Me, or you or Bris, or Jaguar. I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that any number of us on this forum could do a better job than he is at the moment.

Sensible answer - Wassall (I feel sick, never in a thousand years did I imagine I would be asking for Wassall back, but here I am).

Only if I can re-sign Paulo Wanchope!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, GenBr said:

David Wagner or Chris Hughton, but since neither would want to come to us I suppose Martin O'neill (since he already knows half the squad from ROI) or Warburton who we might stand a chance of convincing to come here.

I think MON has just signed a new contract with Ireland.

I really want Pearson to work out and think we should give him time to get things right. But when you look at the results, table and most of all the performances, he's got to be on borrowed time. If he gets the boot, I'd want Rowett.

Today's been a terrible day - one to quickly forget but looking at some of the names being put forward should Pearson resign or be sacked (most unlikely) is making me feel even worse. Wassall? Warnock? Karl Robinson? Give me strength!

Nigel Pearson carry on but get it sorted and quick - if you hadn't noticed, the natives are restless.

I'll chuck me cv in lad's,  fear not.

I'm 20 years past my prime, skill-less,  and have achieved nothing of note, the closest being a couple of controversial sending off decision whilst refereeing the Hampshire senior cup.

But I can quote a bit of gratuitous Greek philosophy and know the names of lots of flightless birds. Plus I'm a morose old bugger. 

Reckon that the players would have as much respect for me as they seem to have for nigel. 

And I'm dead cheap.....

Personally I'd take McClaren back. We need to be honest in that he was the one who woke Derby up from seasons of indifference under NC, played a great brand of football and nearly, ever so nearly got us to the Prem... That feels a world away now and it hurts. 

6 minutes ago, DG24 said:

Personally I'd take McClaren back. We need to be honest in that he was the one who woke Derby up from seasons of indifference under NC, played a great brand of football and nearly, ever so nearly got us to the Prem... That feels a world away now and it hurts. 

We played a decent enough brand of football under Clough, we just lacked that consistency to push on further. Turns out part of this consistency would come due to a change in system, but we didn't quite get all required.

I would say we are back to the dark Paul Jewell days in terms of style, mood around the place and managerial ability.

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Why are people wanting Wassall back? Oh let me guess, he played 433 

Unlike Pearson, Wassall's matches at least had the plus point of being entertaining. Plus i find him infinitely more likable, he's knowledgable about the clubs youth system and he has plenty of time to improve. Can't say any of the above for Pearson.

4 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Was not keen or Rowett in the summer, but must say he is doing very well again, most underrated manager in Champ IMO.

He's even getting  Jutkiewicz  scoring, not an easy task!

I would quite like someone in that I find even remotely likeable. Rowett was great in his time on Radio Derby also knows the club well, is young with lots of room to learn and improve.

Archived