Cardiff City v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see us losing this. Mel Morris running to the coach transport taking the players back, putting a Derby scarf on after the game to cover his face and chucking the Cheese and pickle sandwiches that he gathered from the boardroom, in the direction of NP. 

We can all hope it's NP's contract too.

23 hours ago, Ram79 said:

My team for this one:                                  Mitchell.                Stabana Keogh Rawson                   Lowe                   Hanson.                Ince.           Guy.       Hughes          zanzala.                            Vydra    

Interesting formation.  3 left backs it looks like, obviously pinpointing Cardiff right winger (Noone I'm guessing) as the danger-man.  Not quite sure what's happening in the middle, Ince appears to combining centre-back, holding midfielder and playmaker roles.  Maybe the added responsibility is just what he needs to motivate him.   Vydra seems to be the lone striker and it seems we'll be focusing on attacking down the Cardiff left.

An innovative and gutsy line-up.  It might just work. 

Well we are in one of those spells where everyone suggests drastic changes and completely different ideas to somehow find a way to sort out this mess we have put ourselves in. Personally I just don't see no matter what the 11 is how we are going to play any better with the current methods or somewhat lack of methods we seem to have in our style of play. We don't seem to have any tactics or way of playing, we also don't seem to have (I thought this was the same for mac, clement and wassall aswell) tactics for specific opposition. We don't pinpoint opposition weaknesses and try to play on them. Just a very frustrating time at the moment to be a Rams fan but life goes on. 

So anyway, my dramatic changes are, completely fed up with Christie and Olsson, many people won't agree with me but personally I just don't think either are good enough. Olsson offers nothing going forwards, doesn't even look when he crosses it and I don't rate Christie as a defender but he does sometimes provide a threat going forwards. He has to stay in though because we have no real alternative for right back in my eyes. (Baird too slow, hanson isn't a right back.) I'd bring Max Lowe in at left back

Keogh I have defended for years (ironically better than some of his defending), but after his Bobby Zamora moment in midweek and some shoddy defending yesterday for me his time at Derby should probably be coming towards an end although as captain he will stay in. Personally i'd bring Shackell back in alongside Pearce once he is fit but won't happen. 

In midfield, I'd bring Hanson in as a holding player (We will almost certainly stick to 4-3-3) I thought although he has much improving to do in that position he showed glimpses of promise in it and we desperately need just a body in there to help protect our defence. 

So I'd probably go with

Carson

Christie     Keogh            Pearce      Lowe

Hanson

Weimann   Hughes        Butterfield  Anya 

Vydra

The midfielders would have to make sure they get within 10 yards of vydra at all times when he has the ball so he has enough support to not become isolated and ineffective. He showed yesterday if you give him a decent chance he's got a good finish, so I'd like to see us get players moving and around him. 

I'm just hoping Pearson somehow turns this round because we will just be the same as everyone else sacking manager after manager. Where did all the fans go that used to brag how we had stability under clough? 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

In all seriousness, though, judging by Pearson's comments, I fancy this to be an absolute disaster!! 

I expect:

Mitchell; Christie, Keogh, Pearce, Olsson; Elsnik, Johnson, Hughes, Anya; Ince & Vydra

Despite agreeing with the gist of your posting about cardiff being a disaster, I can't help but think that looks a far more balanced side that what started against blackburn. At least then we might have somebody upfront who was going to show for the ball from time to time. Plus ince has got it in his locker just to curl one in from 25 yards, which could boost confidence tremendously.

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Carson

Christie     Keogh            Shackell      Lowe

Hanson

Vydra

That formation gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Not sure if thats a good thing though :lol:.

I dont see what Carson offers that Mitchell doesn't but I agree he deserves one more chance.

But if Pearce plays another game along with that other Reading reject Blackman ahead of anyone, we will be in dire straights. I haven't seen a more woeful attempt at defending since the Claude Davis days. He got undone 3 times and they all led to either a goal or a penalty. The sooner Shackell returns the better or put Rawson in there or Baird, Hanson, Bamba even the Biffa bin next to the ticket office we will do better.

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Well we are in one of those spells where everyone suggests drastic changes and completely different ideas to somehow find a way to sort out this mess we have put ourselves in. Personally I just don't see no matter what the 11 is how we are going to play any better with the current methods or somewhat lack of methods we seem to have in our style of play. We don't seem to have any tactics or way of playing, we also don't seem to have (I thought this was the same for mac, clement and wassall aswell) tactics for specific opposition. We don't pinpoint opposition weaknesses and try to play on them. Just a very frustrating time at the moment to be a Rams fan but life goes on. 

So anyway, my dramatic changes are, completely fed up with Christie and Olsson, many people won't agree with me but personally I just don't think either are good enough. Olsson offers nothing going forwards, doesn't even look when he crosses it and I don't rate Christie as a defender but he does sometimes provide a threat going forwards. He has to stay in though because we have no real alternative for right back in my eyes. (Baird too slow, hanson isn't a right back.) I'd bring Max Lowe in at left back

Keogh I have defended for years (ironically better than some of his defending), but after his Bobby Zamora moment in midweek and some shoddy defending yesterday for me his time at Derby should probably be coming towards an end although as captain he will stay in. Personally i'd bring Shackell back in alongside Pearce once he is fit but won't happen. 

In midfield, I'd bring Hanson in as a holding player (We will almost certainly stick to 4-3-3) I thought although he has much improving to do in that position he showed glimpses of promise in it and we desperately need just a body in there to help protect our defence. 

So I'd probably go with

Carson

Christie     Keogh            Pearce      Lowe

Hanson

Vydra

The midfielders would have to make sure they get within 10 yards of vydra at all times when he has the ball so he has enough support to not become isolated and ineffective. He showed yesterday if you give him a decent chance he's got a good finish, so I'd like to see us get players moving and around him. 

I'm just hoping Pearson somehow turns this round because we will just be the same as everyone else sacking manager after manager. Where did all the fans go that used to brag how we had stability under clough? 

Hi there.

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Just thought I'd pick this bit out. Although we could probably improve on both full backs, I do think they are both suffering in part due to tactics right now. Both players are more wing backs (both I believe are converted wingers) and are naturally inclined to get forward, however a 442 requires more defensive discipline from your full backs and less need for them to overlap and provide width. So I think part of why they are both in a bad spell of form right now, is they are torn between their naturally inclination to bomb on and the tactical need to be more reserved as there is no longer the same degree of cover when they foray forward. 

1 minute ago, CumbrianRam said:

This what NP will do, not what I want

Carson

Christie Keogh Pearce Olsson

Anya Hughes Bryson Butterfield

Blackman Vydra

Subs will be 

60 odd mins, Bryson and Blackman off, Bent and Weimann on

85 odd mins

Christie off, Ince on

It is something when I can give an accurate prediction of subs.

You can even take this one step further and predict cardiff will score around the 60 min mark not long after subs have been made and for the remainder of the game we will be restricted to long range shots.

I would't have a clue where to start. We don't have an XI available that looks like it has the balance to win Championship matches.

The midfield two can't give enough support to the back 4, and if we stiffen it up with, say Johnson in there as a third midfielder we have to play with one up front, and we don;t have anyone who can do that.

We're ******.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Another harrowing statistic for you all, since we have no more home games before the international break we have now gone 6 months without a home league win- the lady was the 4-1 over Bolton in April I believe...

Slightly unfair as we havent played for 2 months of that.

The first 15 mins or so against Brighton where we moved the ball around at pace and created a few openings seems an awfully long time ago.

Re Cardiff,  I have no idea but our options seem very limited. No in-form players and as we've done to death no real variety. A few of the young lads from the Liverpool game could justify a place but what would we be doing to their development by including them in such a situation? 

Fwiw I think we should go

Michelle

Christie   keogh  shackell  lowe 

Johnson    bryson 

Hughes      Ince          anya 

Vydra 

How are our away attendances holding up?  We're mot back to the dark days of 66 yet I hope. 

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Another harrowing statistic for you all, since we have no more home games before the international break we have now gone 6 months without a home league win- the lady was the 4-1 over Bolton in April I believe...

Sounds like a typical Sky Sports stat..... They'll quote someone FC haven't beaten someone else FC for 75 years...... When they've played each other twice in that time. Im paying 90 quid a month for such entertainment from Jeff and his boys

Mitchell

Anya     Keogh     Shackell     Lowe

Ince     Butterfield   Johnson   Camara

Vydra     Weimann

First of all yesterday Pearson said he might have to look at a few youngsters so my team as two in it as he isn't going to just play the whole under 23's he will only make a few changes if he does. I would give Mitchell a chance in net as Carson's kicking is getting worse and he also seems to take forever to kick even if we are losing. Christie and Olsson frustrate me so much, I find Olsson to be very negative and scared to have a go unlike Forsyth that will attack and whip a good ball in so lets give Lowe a chance. Christie on the other hand loves to get forward which is great but drills his crosses into the opposition's body which gets on my tits. Anya can play in that position perfectly fine. Butterfield was class on Saturday and was trying to get things going so he keeps his place and I would bring Johnson in for a bit of steel. I prefer Bryson and Hughes but something different is needed, plus Hughes has so many opportunities to shoot and never does which Butterfield and Johnson are not scared to do. Two proper wingers on the wing please, bit of pace and skill are needed for this position. Butterfield has been playing well there but he is not a winger. We haven't really got a target man so we are only left with a bit of pace up top. I'd prefer Bent to come off the bench for the last 20 he's not a starter anymore. Blackman does nothing for me, we bought the guy on a good half a season he as been awful in other years. Wilson is injured but I would like to see more of him when he's fit to see what he's about. He has pace and a good shot on him but hasn't been fantastic so far. Vydra is our record signing so he will play every week plus he is our best striker regardless of the price. I would like to see Weimann given a good run of games up top not on the wing.

I assume I will get ripped for dropping Hughes and playing Anya at full back but that's what a forum is for opinions :)

Archived