Cardiff City v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

Has to be some changes:

Mitchell

Christie          Keogh         Shackell     Lowe

Elsnik            Hughes       Butterfield   Anya

Vydra          Wilson (if fit)

However, if we could deviate from the 442, I'd switch to a system similar to Liverpool's with a rotating front 3, like a less rigid of the system we've deployed over the past few seasons:

Mitchell

Christie      Keogh      Shackell    Lowe

Bryson    Hughes   Butterfield

Wilson           Vydra         Ince

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going for a good shake up, if 442 is NP only way .

We have no solid right sided player, people call Christie but he's the best we have do for me

Carson

Baird, Rawson, Shackles, Olson

Christie, Hanson, Johnson,Anya

Hughes to float any where he wants behind the midfield 4 or in front

Vidra up top,

It looks solid but maybe crap who knows but we need to sort out all over the place.

For me and most Derby fans i think, we need to change formation.

Id try wingbacks and play a diamond which best suits our current players.

Mitchell

Keogh                 Pearce

Anya                 Hanson/Baird          Olsson

Hughes              Bryson

Ince

Vydra                  Wiemann

If we play the same team and system at Cardiff we will lose.

15 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Not giving up on the system yet. Just the players in it. Hughes and bryson both class but both lightweight. Get Johnson in there and it could make a big difference. 

Yes i agree Johnson is the only hope of playing two in the middle but they must have natural wide players to complement them, the only ones we have really are Anya and Camara. 

Carson 

baird Keogh Pearce Olson 

ayna Johnson Bryson Ince 

weimann vydra 

Christie has been awful recently, Baird isn't as bad as people make out her solid enough at the back and we need that away at Cardiff, Hughes not done enough so far think Johnson needs to come in

For me 

Carson 

Keogh     Jason    Rawson 

Christie Johnson Hanson bryson Olson 

Hughes 

Vydra 

8 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Also agree. Butterfield on the wing winds me up!

The thing is, playing a central midfielder out wide is fine in this kind of 442.  You can't play just 2 central midfielders in modern football, almost everyone else plays some kind of 3, so you have to either have a striker dropping off or a winger tucking in, or you get overrun.  It worked well with Coutts with a decent attacking fullback behind him, for example.  The problem is, Butterfield is completely the wrong type of player to do this.  He's far too static and doesn't work hard enough to actually do the job he's out there for.  And it also negates his strengths - getting on the ball on the edges of the box for through balls and long shots.  We'd be better off with Hughes out there - he works hard enough to cover the midfield, and it would give him a bit more license to roam than he has in the middle at the moment.

If we're starting ince we may as well start with 10 men he's only ever good in a winning side and never puts a proper shift in when our backs are up against the wall we need grafters starting on Tuesday id have anya and weimann/Russell on the wings personally If we can't go to Cardiff and get something it's going to be pretty poor..

Archived