Cardiff City v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

Championship

Tuesday, 27 September, 19:45

Cardiff City Stadium

My first match thread so be gentle.

A must win game, you would imagine, for NP (if he's still in charge)

My prediction:

(If Shackell pllays) 0-1 to the Rams

(If Pearce plays) 2-1 to the Blurbirds and NP will be gone within 24 hours.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Cardiff on a Tuesday night has rarely been kind to us.

And then there is Reading

The Reading that have as new a manager as us and are currently 4th in the league ? Funny that, they finished 17th last season but Stam, a relatively inexperienced manager compared to ours, doesn't appear to need the time Pearson does to get his team buying into his way of thinking. 

38 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

The Reading that have as new a manager as us and are currently 4th in the league ? Funny that, they finished 17th last season but Stam, a relatively inexperienced manager compared to ours, doesn't appear to need the time Pearson does to get his team buying into his way of thinking. 

But I thought every manager needed a season of tra..

My team for this one:                                       Mitchell.                                  Stabana Keogh  Rawson Lowe.                          Hanson.                              Ince.         Guy.       Hughes                            zanzala.  Vydra    

21 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

My team for this one:                                       Mitchell.                                  Stabana Keogh  Rawson Lowe.                          Hanson.                              Ince.         Guy.       Hughes                            zanzala.  Vydra    

Good luck playing Zanzala, he's recovering from an ACL tear.

If Pearson is still in charge I'm sure he'll continue to be stubborn and persist with the dire turgid tactics we've been playing recently and continue to leave our best players like Ince out, well play with no strength in midfield and get cut open once again and play football so easy to defend against it'll be like a training match for Cardiff- they won't have an easier match all season. Anyway I'd play this...

Mitchell

Rawson     Bamba       Shackell       Lowe

Johnson       Hughes

Anya       Weimann         Ince

Vydra

subs: Carson, Stabana, Cover, Butterfield, Elsnik, Camara, Wilson/vernam

No doubt however we'll play 442 and persist with the same problems we've had all season and get beaten easily once again. This shouldn't be a hard match for a team of our quality, if we play fast paced passing football we could easily win this- but no doubt we won't...

Not sure what to expect in this game. Just hoping that all selected do themselves and the travelling Rams justice and what will be will be. Away from the pressure of the iPro I think two away games on the spin are what we needed that's despite our previous away games also being pretty turgid by all accounts, although I did see the Burton performance. Just hoping for a change in fortune really. Fingers crossed.

Would like to se some of the younger players get in ahead of the likes of Bent, Blackman and Ince just to give them hope that if they do well then they can stake a claim.

Archived