People blaming Mel

TopRam

13 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

•Maclaren sacking bad.

•Clement hiring was worth a shot, had a great reputation, could have been anything.

•Clement sacking made little sense, so bad.

•Wassall hiring, basically an admission he shouldn't have sacked Maclaren.

•Pearson, everyone and his dog wanted him, the only reservations were over his character and conduct, can't recall many saying he wasn't a good manager.

Maybe poor decisions with hindsight, but at the time not many argued against them.

Most people probably didn't think he'd be so stubborn with regards to playing the players he inherited in their proper positions

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

This post is extremely insensitive to me especially the first paragraph......

Fair enough mods if you've not caught up with the threads as I'd imagine you are busy. But come on, if this first paragraph is allowed so should ANYTHING I post should be allowed..... Anything else will be hypocritical

Why is my post extremely insensitive to you? Are you friends with the three amigos?

If you read the terms of service it simply states no personal insults of which I have included none, so no you can't post ANYTHING that you want.

I can change it from mentally unhinged if you are offended by the phrase- crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, three fries short of a happy meal are all alternatives if you prefer. I do not however think it is over the top or offensive for me to say I believe that some people are mad as a box of frogs when it comes to this club.

25 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

You lead from the top down

Obviously wasn't McClaren's fault then.

Nor Clement's.

Nor Wassall's.

Nor Pearson's.

Nor <insert next week's flavour of the week>

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Most people probably didn't think he'd be so stubborn with regards to playing the players he inherited in their proper positions

I fall in that camp, seeing as he mentioned tweaking the squad, and didn't shy away from promotion being the aim.

I thought a bit of steel from the manager might transfer itself to the players, but a manager who hangs his squad out to dry publicly probably is more bullshit than bullion.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Why is my post extremely insensitive to you? Are you friends with the three amigos?

If you read the terms of service it simply states no personal insults of which I have included none, so no you can't post ANYTHING that you want.

I can change it from mentally unhinged if you are offended by the phrase- crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, three fries short of a happy meal are all alternatives if you prefer. I do not however think it is over the top or offensive for me to say I believe that some people are mad as a box of frogs when it comes to this club.

I think stating that the owner of our club has a mental illness is rude to him and insensitive to people that have such issues

I'm 100% behind Mel Morris. Love the man! All his choices made sense - just a pity they didn't work. And we don't need to go backwards - mclaren failed as did Clement as has Nigel so far - but for the life of me I don't know what Kevin Philips does to earn his paycheck. And I honestly can't see what Pearson works on in training because we have the worst tactics and attacking movement I've ever seen. No wonder we cannot score goals.  I'd believe it if they were instructed to go stand as close as you can to an opposition player and don't you dare move, when we have possession. It's that bad.

Saw Mel at the end of the match - clearly was not pleased - trust he will make the best decision. 

Blame Mel?

The multi millionaire who lives and breathes derby,pumps millions in and makes it a viable and sustainable enterprise?

The bloke is only doing what he thinks is best for the club and who would of thought that clement and Pearson wouldn't work out..they both had the sure fire credentials.

My only criticism is that he has pandered to some of the clubs most vociferous fans in letting Mac go without a fight and replacing wassell with NP when wassell was actually getting something good out of the team by the end of the season

All we can hope now is that he continues to invest as he has and that we get a manager in who can actually deliver or at least play entertaining football...at the moment I'd take option 2 with both hands,sod the premiership

24 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I'm 100% behind Mel Morris. Love the man! All his choices made sense - just a pity they didn't work. And we don't need to go backwards - mclaren failed as did Clement as has Nigel so far - but for the life of me I don't know what Kevin Phillips does to earn his paycheck. And I honestly can't see what Pearson works on in training because we have the worst tactics and attacking movement I've ever seen. No wonder we cannot score goals.  I'd believe it if they were instructed to go stand as close as you can to an opposition player and don't you dare move, when we have possession. It's that bad.

Saw Mel at the end of the match - clearly was not pleased - trust he will make the best decision. 

You can add Idiakez to that, much as I liked the player, our set piece taking has been equally dross. Corners hanging high and going far too often down opposition goalkeepers throats prime example but free kicks utter meh, unimpressed.

3 minutes ago, Cisse said:

With the squad Mel has produced we shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone. I think there is plenty of blame to spread before Mel.

well said m8 mel has spend his money on the players taht his managerhas asked for i am a manager and i get paid from my director to run a team to get success and if i pay someone to do a job they should do it to the best of there ability and if they can't it not the director fault it down to me to get the team motovated which in nigle pears case he can't 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Obviously wasn't McClaren's fault then.

Nor Clement's.

Nor Wassall's.

Nor Pearson's.

Nor <insert next week's flavour of the week>

Obviously each one of them managers had their merits and flaws & were responsible in their own way but to think mel hasnt also made mistakes is stupid and naive... He leads from the top down he has a vision for the club, playing a certain way and he appointed the wrong man for the job in Pearson 

What should we blame Mel for?

From all that I read and see he has a vision for the club that would be the envy of many others. He appears to get that his role is ultimately one of stewardship of an institution that influences many thousands of lives.

Compare that to eg the oystons who extract all the cash, Mike ashley who uses nufc as an advertising vehicle for his sportswear business,  or the barons of West ham who want to be local "faces" by cutting all sorts of sharp deals.

Mel may have got some decisions wrong. And I imagine he's seething as he ultimately has to pick up the tab. But to blame him is well wide of the mark in my view.

3 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Yes people are putting some blame at Mels door. And rightly so. He owns the club. He hires and fires. This far hos appointments have been failures. I don't see why he shouldn't take a %of the blame. 

If he bought me a fry up I would still be of that opinion. 

Even if it the fry up contained bacon AND sausages?  Bit harsh mate....

Archived