People blaming Mel

TopRam

1 minute ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Weren't we signing the likes of Scott Carson, Andi Wiemman and Alex Pearce before and as he was joining the club?  I doubt he was sitting on the bench at Real Madrid thinking that he would sign those players if he ever became a manager.

Still not evidence that he didn't have input on signings after he started.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Weren't we signing the likes of Scott Carson, Andi Wiemman and Alex Pearce before and as he was joining the club?  I doubt he was sitting on the bench at Real Madrid thinking that he would sign those players if he ever became a manager.

Let's be realists for a second. I doubt Clement had heard of many of our summer signings minus the ex England players. That's just being honest. But he had a final say on all signings, but he didn't scout nor choose them. 

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Still not evidence that he didn't have input on signings after he started.

But if half our signings (can you add Ince and Bent as they had been signed after loan spells) had joined before he had started work and seen the squad you can't say that he influenced the signings.

4 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

But if half our signings (can you add Ince and Bent as they had been signed after loan spells) had joined before he had started work and seen the squad you can't say that he influenced the signings.

That's not the discussion being had. You are talking about signings made pre his arrival. I am asking for evidence that he did not  influence signings made after his arrival, as some claim.

38 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Sorry, just to add,that was from the horses mouth.

we can only assume that was a fact 

Well if the horse's mouth says he did then he must have done, obviously. Fact.

I mean, why wouldn't he want to spend £3m of MM's hard earned dollar on Nick Blackman who was out of contract in 3 months time, after all he worked with him at Blackburn.

On 1.10.2016 at 23:50, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Let's be realists for a second. I doubt Clement had heard of many of our summer signings minus the ex England players. That's just being honest. But he had a final say on all signings, but he didn't scout nor choose them. 

Hmm. I doubt that. After all he was, what 10-15 years?, with Chelsea and for a while with Blackburn. PSG and Real were just a tip of the iceberg, he has worked in England pretty much all his career. Would be weird if he didn't know those players with quite good reputation.

On 01/10/2016 at 21:38, Boycie said:

Sorry, just to add,that was from the horses mouth.

we can only assume that was a fact 

The others yes, however I expected more from you Boycie :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

why is the chairman of the club using drones to spy on training rather than just turning up and watching? who is going to stop him?

Who said he's using drones ? Oh yeah, somebody at The Mirror that's probably a big mate of Pearson's. A bit like that blurt from TalkSport that reckons our owner was trying to goad him and he just sat there.

We probably have the most sophisticated CCTV system at the training ground in the league, if not the whole country, our owner would have all the access to that he wants, he wouldn't need a drone to see anything he wanted.

Now, I understand your allegiance and loyalty to Pearson but I really would prefer it if you are going to come on here and slander our owner, provide conclusive proof of your allegations please.

1 minute ago, EastHertsRam said:

Who said he's using drones ? Oh yeah, somebody at The Mirror that's probably a big mate of Pearson's. A bit like that blurt from TalkSport that reckons our owner was trying to goad him and he just sat there.

We probably have the most sophisticated CCTV system at the training ground in the league, if not the whole country, our owner would have all the access to that he wants, he wouldn't need a drone to see anything he wanted.

Now, I understand your allegiance and loyalty to Pearson but I really would prefer it if you are going to come on here and slander our owner, provide conclusive proof of your allegations please.

first of all I have no loyalty for Pearson I wanted him gone when he was here. Secondly I was questioning the need for drones when, as owner, he can watch anything he wants  from first team training to the kit lady loading the washing if he so chose.

Finally it was the Mirror that exposed the story about his son in Thailand, if you think he has friends at that paper you are mistaken

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, a Leicester fan did pop on to say the mirror had/have a good contact with him/close to him.

There's also perhaps he's trying to get his retaliation in first, because the club can't do an awful lot without officially resolving things with him first.

Pearson doesn't have a good relationship with anyone in media, you only have to watch his press conferences in our Prem season with him to see that, during Pearson's time here the club and him had an adversarial relationship with the Daily Mirror, given Pearson's personality I cannot see how that would have changed

They are all to blame. 

Players, manager, trainers and owner.  They have one job to do, produce a team that will play until the final whistle and leave nothing behind in trying to win a game of football. If they can't manage the group, plan, train, impliment or inspire then just go, you are robbing the fans, after all it's our hard earned money you are taking, regardless of how many logos you have on the shirt.

The whole lot of them should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Just grow the **** up, appreciate the privilaged position and remember without the fans there is nothing.

Archived