People blaming Mel

TopRam

Right so all the people blaming Mel for this mess and chop and changing a lot in a short period of time....

stevie Mac had his head turned he cost us that season he really did, everyone ess laughing at us for going from 1st to 8th so suddenly, he didn't want to be at Derby all he wanted was Newcastle... He had to go 

in came clement, 5th 5 points of top... He wasn't sacked because of football reasons he was sacked because of something behind the sences surely? Yes during Clements time a lot over paid players came in, BUT all good players at the time and ALL fans wanted to see Mel invest so he did... Didn't see anyone complain when they came in!!!!

Pearson has struggled yes but most fans wanted to see him take over he did and he needs time, he needs a season and a few transfer markers to sort players out and make his own way, clement and wasall both tried to change formations last season and bottled it when it was going well, Pearson will keep with it and sort this mess out and when he does all "Pearson out" people will look pretty stupid. 

Mel isn't to blame neither is Pearson I truly believe it's some players, I'm just worried how they will react to Pearsons comments after the game.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd put our downfall in McLaren's 2nd season down to injuries more than anything. I'd love to know what he'd have done if he had the same level of backing as the last 2 managers. That said, I was massively disappointed with his response to the Newcastle speculation and was ready for him to go. 

I blame Pearson alone for our performances. If our u21s manager can get them playing then surely a manager of Pearson's pedigree can. 

He was sacked for footballing reasons. Mel and Sam in particular get very angry when this is discussed and rightly so. if they say he was categorically sacked for footballing reasons, then i believe them.

As I have said time and time again, if the stupid lazy rumour which you are talking about (which might i add has been used at least twice before for different personnel at different times in our clubs history) was true. The tabloids would be going on about it for a while... as in the john terry wayne bridge case.

I know Pearson hates it when asked about 4-4-2 versus 4-3-3 as most managers would, because it should be about players not formations.... but Pearson isnt perhaps aware that we as fans have seen a couple of times since mcclaren arrived us try 4-4-2 and every time the game was way too open and we had no control over the game. MK at home and Birmingham away last season come to mind. Its for this reason 4-4-2 is dangerous for us to play and never ends in a positive result. Thorne isnt ever fit, Eustace hasnt been replaced. Bryson, Hughes and even hendrick have tried and shown they are not defensively discipline minded enough to play 4-4-2. Bradley johnson is the best of a bad bunch to play in there, and when you consider we signed Butterfield to play central attacking midfield too, it just showed how badly balanced our squad recruitment has been.

Of course mel is partly to blame ...

I agree he wants the best for derby and yes he's backed his managers.

However he is the man that appointed clement who he then sacked, so he's failed with that appointment

he appointed wassall until the end of the season another failure

he publically stated 'derby way' and went into the dressing room (school boy errors from a chairman) 

he undertook a review. Then appointed pearson whe appears to be another failure

he's appointed two seperate managers that are polar opposites but states he want continuity.

Just because he's a good ceo of certain businesses doesnt mean he's going to be a good football chairman. Its a different industry 

next time he does a review of where things are failing he needs to take a serious look at himself and think 'what could i do better as chairman?' & one thing he could do better is the recruitment of managers.

In his tenure as chairman we have gone backwards & The feel good factors gone. 

Im not disputing he doesn't have derbys best interests at heart. I think if any of us were chairman we'd have the clubs bests intrests at heart doesn't mean we'd do a good job at it 

I'm disappointed at spending £600 on season tickets to watch us at the moment, others will spend a grand plus and feel the same.

Imagine if you'd spent the thick end of £100 million, possibly more, to watch this, and you'll be in Mel's shoes right now.

He's got the reverse midas touch it seems, one day it'll fall right for him, and us, I hope.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but anyone who wants Mel Morris out should not be allowed access to any device capable of communicating with the outside world.

I expect it from the lunatics on Radio Derby, but I can't believe people in the match thread (Blackburn) have been calling for Morris to leave. Even in my short life the club has had owners so diabolical that the club has almost ceased to exist - (see the three amigos). Anyone calling for Mel - who is a local fan who has paid off our debts and invested heavily in the academy and the squad to leave needs to seriously consider setting up an appointment to get their sanity checked.

Perhaps some of our "fans" need to take a look over at Fawaz or the Oystons if they want an idea of what a bad owner is actually like.

Mel Morris is not to blame here at all, he isn't the manager of the team- he just chooses the manager and his choices so far have seemed to be what most people wanted, not his fault they haven't worked out. He's invested a lot of money and we should be happy we've got an owner with ambition, now let's hope he makes the right call and gives Pearson his p45 tonight

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Mel Morris is not to blame here at all, he isn't the manager of the team- he just chooses the manager and his choices so far have seemed to be what most people wanted, not his fault they haven't worked out. He's invested a lot of money and we should be happy we've got an owner with ambition, now let's hope he makes the right call and gives Pearson his p45 tonight

I don't blame him for Clement, thought that was a smart choice that just didn't pan out. However I do think he has to shoulder some of the blame for hiring Pearson. Pearson was oh so clearly not suited to ethos at the club and the playing squad. 

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I don't blame him for Clement, thought that was a smart choice that just didn't pan out. However I do think he has to shoulder some of the blame for hiring Pearson. Pearson was oh so clearly not suited to ethos at the club and the playing squad. 

i agree AND AND we were his second choice villa was his first but the saw straight through him

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

There's some truth in that, but what I thought would happen was a total clearour of the squad to fit pearsons style, getting rid of the bottlers in the process but instead we just sticked with the same squad which was never going to work- it's pearsons fault he didn't act earlier in the window

Please Mel, redeem yourself, admit that you made a poor decision and put it right, please can we return to the Derby Way that you expressed to all would be the way forward, you know the one, where we play attractive attacking football no matter who the head coach is. Because this 442 bore fest ain't working, and you know it! Time to man up against our arrogant blinkered egotist (NP) or do you only bully the timid types (PC)?

Archived