Pearson blames the players

Carl Sagan

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25 September 2016 at 13:50, YouRams said:

Not trying to push my opinion just voicing it, it's just very telling to me that we'd loan him out. As someone mentioned could be as simple as him not fitting Pearsons plans but I don't buy that. 

Have thought about the loan move and it could be that Pearson did nt think he would be figuring much in the first team this season as he wanted to play a different way and perhaps did nt fancy Martin for football reasons and as such thought that we would have more chance of getting a better price for him off Fulham if he went there and did ok or even another club if he did OK ish but Fulham did nt take up the buy option than we would get for him if we kept him at Derby but he was not getting any first team playing time 

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Hard to argue with this point really.

Give NP 2 more windows at this club and I think we will all see a different Nigel Pearson. as well as a different Derby team.

We probably will,  maybe we would even make it to the play offs twice in three years then he can be branded a failure like the team and players he is getting rid off probably ? 

many things the players can be blamed for .. poor form, poor defending poor finishing .. but lack of effort? Not really. Keogh, Anya and co run their socks off. Who hasnt been trying? Bryson, Olsson and Bent were subbed on saturday .. were they not trying. bent is getting on a bit,  Butterfield out of position, Christie tried without any support on the right. We have many problems but lack of effort doesnt seem high on that list of problems to me.

On 9/24/2016 at 18:44, satty atwal said:

Intra what? 

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

many things the players can be blamed for .. poor form, poor defending poor finishing .. but lack of effort? Not really. Keogh, Anya and co run their socks off. Who hasnt been trying? Bryson, Olsson and Bent were subbed on saturday .. were they not trying. bent is getting on a bit,  Butterfield out of position, Christie tried without any support on the right. We have many problems but lack of effort doesnt seem high on that list of problems to me.

correct Sir...I think Pearson's reading of football matches was laid bare when he took off Bryson, shifted Butterfield to Bryson's position and brought Werimann on. Result...instant wide open in Midfield. There are 2 laws in football management, the second of which is "round pegs in round holes". Mr Pearson does not deploy this well known law.

It is not about lack of effort; it is about understanding how to knit a team together and on this matter I find Mr Pearson has a huge void in his perceptual system. I was not for sacking Clough, nor McClaren, nor for sacking Clement, but I suggest in Mr Pearson we have made a large error which needs to be corrected before he has totally wrecked the entire's squad's confidence in themselves.  

On 9/25/2016 at 12:12, Leeds Ram said:

Think you misunderstood, I was referring to someone giving their version of a Pearson interview that happened on the radio, to which I hadn't listened to.

I used to play football, albeit at a **** level, when I was having a bad game and confidence was down I wouldn't want the ball, I would do the easy thing and often went into "hiding", I wouldn't find the space or make runs, and quite often it was the people around me who suffered as a result and make them look bad.

I guess we'll find out tonight which players NP thinks  are/were  hiding . Presumably they'll be the ones dropped from the starting line up.

Which is it's own way, is kinda like publicly blaming individuals within the team.

1 hour ago, Bound 2 tease said:

I guess we'll find out tonight which players NP thinks  are/were  hiding . Presumably they'll be the ones dropped from the starting line up.

Which is it's own way, is kinda like publicly blaming individuals within the team.

Maybe Mel got a sneak preview :ph34r:

Archived