Beer Thread

Cisse

Ein Stein, 5% (Lymestone Brewery)
Fraoch - Heather Ale, 5% (Williams Bros)
Halycon Imperial IPA, 7.4% (Thornbridge)
Yorkshire Stingo, 8% (Samuel Smith)
Christmas Paradox 2012 Imperial Stout, 15% (BrewDog)
Saison Cazeau, 5% (Brasserie De Cazeau) (Brewed once a year with elderflower)
Tripel Karmeliet, 8.4% (Brouwerij Bosteels)
Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van De Keizer 2013 Red, 10% (Brouwerij Het Anker)
Gulden Draak, 10.5% (Brouwerij Van Steenberge)

Merry Christmas to me!

Ein Stein, 5% (Lymestone Brewery)

Fraoch - Heather Ale, 5% (Williams Bros)

Halycon Imperial IPA, 7.4% (Thornbridge)

Yorkshire Stingo, 8% (Samuel Smith)

Christmas Paradox 2012 Imperial Stout, 15% (BrewDog)

Saison Cazeau, 5% (Brasserie De Cazeau) (Brewed once a year with elderflower)

Tripel Karmeliet, 8.4% (Brouwerij Bosteels)

Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van De Keizer 2013 Red, 10% (Brouwerij Het Anker)

Gulden Draak, 10.5% (Brouwerij Van Steenberge)

Merry Christmas to me!

No wonder you've got a bit of a gut on ya!

Thanks! :lol:

What would be your average supermarket recommendation for those that don't have access to Belgian beverages

Many supermarkets stock one or two Belgians - notably Duvel, Leffe and Hoegaarden (cloudy witbier) - and occasionally Chimay. As far as fairly common (Tesco, ASDA etc) British ales are concerned, I like Robinson's Old Tom, Shepherd Neame 1698 Celebration, McEwan's Champion (4 bottles for a fiver at ASDA this one) and any number of the more common brews like Greene King Abbot, Courage Directors, Theakston's Old Peculier, Brakspear's Original, Pedi, Moorhouse Pendle Witches Brew etc.

There's loads of good stuff out there.

Duvel is pretty potent. Not quite as potent as Piraat.

Only once had a bottle of Piraat I think - in Bruges last March. I seem to recall it was a little hopper than many beers I tried that week (but not as hoppy as the Duvel Triple Hop)

I noticed that Tesco has Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Try that if you haven't already. Very high quality.

Of a similar style, they also have the Brewdog Punk IPA and 5 am Saint. Both very tasty.

Many supermarkets stock one or two Belgians - notably Duvel, Leffe and Hoegaarden (cloudy witbier) - and occasionally Chimay. As far as fairly common (Tesco, ASDA etc) British ales are concerned, I like Robinson's Old Tom, Shepherd Neame 1698 Celebration, McEwan's Champion (4 bottles for a fiver at ASDA this one) and any number of the more common brews like Greene King Abbot, Courage Directors, Theakston's Old Peculier, Brakspear's Original, Pedi, Moorhouse Pendle Witches Brew etc.

There's loads of good stuff out there.

I'm in Grimsby, home of the Carling and White Lightning drinkers, Pedigree might be on one or two if I'm lucky

I'm in Grimsby, home of the Carling and White Lightning drinkers, Pedigree might be on one or two if I'm lucky

I think the vinegar you put on those fantastic Grimsby fish and chips (bloody hell, I sound like Graham Richards) would be more palatable than white lightning.