young lads

B4ev6is

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a dliemma - when you play the young ones.

We can't play them when things aren't going well because they'll be damaged by the negative vibes & fans

or

We can't play them when we're oon a run because you can't change a winning side performing well.

Mitchell & Lowe are the easiest to put in at the moment. I'd like to see what Vernam & Stabana could do too but not sure when.

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 08:22, Wolfie said:

We can't play them when things aren't going well because they'll be damaged by the negative vibes & fans

or

We can't play them when we're oon a run because you can't change a winning side performing well.

Mitchell & Lowe are the easiest to put in at the moment. I'd like to see what Vernam & Stabana could do too but not sure when.

Will and Jeff were introduced out of necessity weren't they, during nigel cloughs tenure, not when we had especially good results?

I know our fans are critical of what they perceive as repeated failure but I do believe they're reasonable enough to give a newly blooded young player a proper chance before sharpening the tines of their pitchforks.

I agree Wolfie that it would be preferable to have a bouncing positive atmosphere, but on the flip side, successfully mentoring a youth player or two into the squad could be the exemplification of Nigel Pearson's man management skills that we've all been waiting for!

On 23 September 2016 at 08:22, Wolfie said:

or

Of course cricket and football very different but principle is same. For years England were very reluctant to blood young guns. Eventually they got the idea and it's worked well. Aussies said if they're good enough they're old enough..... Let em loose!! 

Yep time for the kids to come in and take over derby first team i am sure they will give blood and sweat not like current derby first team.

I say only ones derevse derby shirt is will huges butterfeild  bryson

Vryda 

Players do not is blackmen

Tom ince 

Bent

Ollsen

Bradly johnson

And this list goes on.

B4 is correct. We should give some of the younger lads ago. I wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Mitchell, Rawson,Lowe,Elsnik and Vernam in the team. Not as if the players they'd be replacing are in any good form. Might get the fans on side too because fans tend to be more nurturing to "their own."

2 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

Feel Max Lowe 100% should start. Struggle to see what Olson offers apart from side to side or backward passing. Christie not much better but at least gives it a go to beat a man 

I've not seen max Lowe play but I really don't rate Olson. 

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 18:08, B4ev6is said:

Yep time for the kids to come in and take over derby first team i am sure they will give blood and sweat not like current derby first team.

I say only ones derevse derby shirt is will huges butterfeild  bryson

Vryda 

Players do not is blackmen

Tom ince 

Bent

Ollsen

Bradly johnson

And this list goes on.

To be fair B4 - you're pretty much just said the ones who are playing in the team deserve to stay and the ones who are not playing are the one's deserving the chop.

3 Goals scored but of our attacking 6, 4 of them deserve to stay in. I take it you wouldn't drop Anya so the only one you would drop is Bent....I wouldn't disagree with this.

However, for as much as they give, Hughes, Butterfield and Bryson seem very limited on their attacking creativity currently. On Saturday I saw countless amount of times Vydra and Bent were looking for a through ball and our midfielders were too busy going sideways or backwards.

Now I'm not about to start a discussion everyone is having elsewhere but formation is the problem here, not the 11 players he is putting out.

Give me 4-1-2-1-2 any day of the week. Tell Hughes to play in the hole whose sole job is to get on the ball, look up and find gaps - so what if only 1 in 5 is successful passes - if that leads to a goal then fabulous. I think players are too scared these days to give the ball away and concentrate too much on passing to a team mate.

A defensive midfield (Johnson only one who can play it) is a necessity. I know he's a poor man's Thorne but with the experience I think he is the only one I'd play there. (Not a big Hanson fan). Him in there would give Bryson and Butterfield more confidence, Hughes a free role, full backs given the whole pitch knowing that Johnson is sitting, Bryson is everywhere, and the two defenders will always be there.

Still, I'm just a season ticket holder - my opinion holds zero influence as only one man controls this.

18 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am also a season ticket holder mate and also hold a away membership mate.

But for me i play butterfield and bryson but i drop ince all togather.

Both are light weight. IMO that's why it's not working at the moment. We haven't got a ball winner in there we got two sticks with Hughes and Bryson no one who's going to make a crunching tackle and take one for the team. Instead we sit back and let them run through us.

Archived