Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

5 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

It was a broadly similar system under Wassall but Martin still struggled to score goals - in part I believe because teams were handling him a lot better.

Martin scored 6 and had 4 assists in 18 appearances under Wassell. Which whilst not his best considering he had a several month spell of not scoring, I wouldn't call it bad either.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

It was a broadly similar system under Wassall but Martin still struggled to score goals - in part I believe because teams were handling him a lot better.

Five assists, for some reason he's not officially been credited the assist for his knockdown to Russell against Hull.

16 hours ago, cannable said:

Five assists, for some reason he's not officially been credited the assist for his knockdown to Russell against Hull.

Probably due to Russell missing the first attempt and scoring after the keeper had made the save.

On 25 September 2016 at 17:03, archied said:

I never said the players don't want sucess what I said is because of the transfer window we are totally stuck til January with players that either cannot or will not perform to the basic levels us as fans and any manager should reasonably expect of them , don't give me the formation crap as any kind of excuse for the totally piss poor performances these players are turning out with increasing regularity , what we appear to have are players that either work hard but don't have enough talent or the ones who appear to have talent but don't work hard enough ,, don't think for one moment I'm not now looking at Pearson too and thinking he could be handling this a lot better whilst making changes and am worrying that he could well get us relegated this season but these players are constantly not turning up to any degree no matter what formation

I am in two minds on whether Pearson should go. I supported his appointment not least because of the poor performances of the newer players. So a manager who is in charge of recruitment was a welcome change. Nothing much wrong with pear sons new recruitments so far Anya and Vydra look lively and it was encouraging to see Vydra energised by his first goal.

but there's so many other problems all over the pitch and I just don't think we can go on much longer as we are.

it might take a few transfer windows to get things right but at the moment I can't see Pearson surviving til the January window.

Archived