Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think at the time of Pearson appointment, we all agreed that we had great footballers, who played great football, and we were just missing that 'fight' to go with it. It seemed that Pearson was brought in to add that 'fight' to compliment our style, however so far all we have seen is our footballing identity thrown clean out the window and the least fight shown since our record breaking prem attempt

33 minutes ago, BranstonRam said:

What you've got to think of, is if Pearson got sacked tomorrow , who would you like to come in? Schteve Bruce? Don't think he would improve us to be honest, we have swapped and changed too many times to know what specific manager could bring us hope as it was..

Another question I have is, has Chris Powell bought anything to the club at all? The initial reaction when I heard the appointment of Nigel/Chris is we have two managers and two seperate perspectives on our play with championship experience. But we just look so so poor at the moment, square pegs in round holes.

I mentioned the seemingly lack of cohesion amongst the management team in another thread ,just a gut feeling but it doesn't look right.

I don't quite buy in to this lack of passion from the players. Yes there have been some poor performances 

But can you honestly say any of the following ?

Keogh doesn't sweat Blood

Olson has pulled out of tackles

christie goes in to hiding 

Hughesy hasn't tried every trick in his locker

Anya is a lazy so and so 

Vydra has been unwilling to run

Bryson is just cruising 

Pearce doesn't challenge for headers

collectively they playing badly. But individually ? 

And in answer to the OP ... NO !

44 minutes ago, toddy said:

FFS, we have just played one of the best sides in the country and we beaten, but what did you honestly expect?

We are a championship see going through a transitional period.

A transitional period of his own making, and one where you would think there would be some sort of plan to stop what is happening right now.

Wasn't Wassall's reign a sort of transitional period? Where he tried to get the team back to playing fast flowing football as opposed to the slow possession football that Clement had us playing? I don't remember your call for patience then.

Your hypocrisy stinks.

34 minutes ago, Zurich Ram said:

And the utterly laughable call that seems to be gathering momentum with "Angry from Allestree" or "Mardarse from Mickleover" on some of the phone-ins and post-match analysis, is the "get Wassall in now and McLaren at the end of the season"  call - what utter, utter twaddle.

I remember the Fester fans, 3 years ago were calling for exactly the same thing - "get rid of Pearson", "no tactics", "doesn't know his best team" etc. etc.

I'm sure Mel has every faith in Nigel Pearson to turn things around and restore confidence and instil resilience into this squad. 

We get the same thing on our matchtalk. 

Why do I give a feck what Nigel from Newark or Bill from Broxtowe has to say about Forests start to the season :lol: 

The time to change a manager is just before a transfer window, not just after one. Unless we get some absolute hammering or lose 4 or 5 on the bounce he has until Christmas to show at a bare minimum the following factors

We are out of the bottom third of the table.

We are scoring goals, As a guide averaging more than a goal a game for a run of games. 

A pattern of play is emerging.

Now they aren't high expectations, but we look a long way away from that at the minute. 

FFS!!!  This is what's wrong with our club, too many spoilt brats, throwing their toys out the pram cus we're not top of the league with a goal difference of +27.  Different managers bring different methods, and we won't get any where with wanting to ditch one before October just because everything isn't hunky dory...

Let's face it, everyone would be a lot more positive if Vydra had stuck his chance away at the end on Saturday or we'd not conceded in injury time.  Fine margins...

Pearson has to have a full season. If that season is jam packed with performances like we've been having with no improvement in results or in the manner of our play then I couldn't argue against it.

Whether we get relegated or win the league from here on in and whether we play like Barcelona or Blyth Spartans doesn't matter.

One full season is fair and reasonable before any action is taken IMO.

The way i see it, and not based on last night at all because you cant fault the young players at all they looked lively when they came on, but pearson should never have been recruited, he has ruined our club. We do not have the players and we have not built a strong squad for the last 3 years to be playing the style of football that nigel wants. The 442 football he is trying to get us to play does not suit one of our players let alone the chemistry of 11 on the pitch. we play well when we play fast paced football and im sorry but i was significantly more enjoying our football under wassal and im sure the players where too. 442 is so so outdated and easy to unlock #bringback433

Players were looking to press last night but Pearson was telling them not to. They had no idea what they were supposed to be doing. I had no idea what formation we were even playing, it was an absoloute mess. Reminded me of that Brentford game were Bent saved our blushes. 

The next transfer window needs to be a big one.

13 minutes ago, niram said:

The way i see it, and not based on last night at all because you cant fault the young players at all they looked lively when they came on, but pearson should never have been recruited, he has ruined our club. We do not have the players and we have not built a strong squad for the last 3 years to be playing the style of football that nigel wants. The 442 football he is trying to get us to play does not suit one of our players let alone the chemistry of 11 on the pitch. we play well when we play fast paced football and im sorry but i was significantly more enjoying our football under wassal and im sure the players where too. 442 is so so outdated and easy to unlock #bringback433

And you don't think that teams got the measure of our playing style at the end of last season? Because I do.

If you want great football and a nearly team then it is fine, but if you can't convert that play into a winning philosophy that will get us over the promotion line then what is the point?

Archived