Bamba on his way?

Derby blood

Just now, BathRam72 said:

In true Derby County Forum fashion, let's hang the guy before he is even here.

Bucko was great but far from perfect.

I will hang the guy before he's here. This is a sausaging stupid move (if it happens). We already have 3 centre backs vying for 2 places. All three have been club captains so Bamba isn't being brought in for his leadership. Two have played full seasons at Premier League level and one is considered by most impartial observers to be one of the best centre halves outside the top flight and is a full international, so Bamba isn't being brought in as an improvement. Add to this the fact that we have Rawson chomping at the bit for first team experience and we as a club are supposedly committed to giving talent from our academy a chance in the first team. Then consider that we already let a committed and talented defender who was willing to provide back up leave for a nominal fee in the summer. Why do we need Sol Bamba? The only answer left is that Pearson wants another one of his mates at the club.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MITCHELL

KEOGH      BAMBA      PEARCE

CHRISTIE                                                ANYA

BRYSON   JOHNSON

HUGHES

VYDRA      WILSON 

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

I will hang the guy before he's here. This is a sausaging stupid move (if it happens). We already have 3 centre backs vying for 2 places. All three have been club captains so Bamba isn't being brought in for his leadership. Two have played full seasons at Premier League level and one is considered by most impartial observers to be one of the best centre halves outside the top flight and is a full international, so Bamba isn't being brought in as an improvement. Add to this the fact that we have Rawson chomping at the bit for first team experience and we as a club are supposedly committed to giving talent from our academy a chance in the first team. Then consider that we already let a committed and talented defender who was willing to provide back up leave for a nominal fee in the summer. Why do we need Sol Bamba? The only answer left is that Pearson wants another one of his mates at the club.

I don't disagree with you at all.  I was merely pointing out that we can't give anyone a chance in our first team with out nailing them to a cross let alone any one else linked to the club.

57 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

MITCHELL

KEOGH      BAMBA      PEARCE

CHRISTIE                                                ANYA

BRYSON   JOHNSON

HUGHES

VYDRA      WILSON 

you might actually be onto something there, when chasing a lead, Pearson has thrown 3 in defence and he was known to experiment with 352 at Leicester so I wonder whether he needs another CB to try this formation?

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

you might actually be onto something there, when chasing a lead, Pearson has thrown 3 in defence and he was known to experiment with 352 at Leicester so I wonder whether he needs another CB to try this formation?

IIRC Leicester's remarkable turnaround & survival under Pearson came after he signed Robert Huth, switched to a 3/5 at the back, and slotted him in between Wasilewski & Morgan.

I'd be a hell of a lot more inclined to play 3-5-2 than keep 442 with Hughes/Byrso as a pair in the centre and Butters on the right! 

The players we have are set up better to play that way than 442 IMO but surely that's something you want to be drilling into these players when they return for pre-season in July, not 1/5 of the way through a season. 

11 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

IIRC Leicester's remarkable turnaround & survival under Pearson came after he signed Robert Huth, switched to a 3/5 at the back, and slotted him in between Wasilewski & Morgan.

I actually think this could work, as long as the players know their roles. Part of the reason we've looked so dire up to now is that on the pitch, a lot of the players don't seem to understand their roles; the team is devoid of shape or structure so we're facing an uphill battle from the start. Instruct the players properly of their role within a formation and we might start to see some progress, regardless of formation

Just now, rynny said:

We were one of the first teams to play 3-5-2 under Jim Smith.

That's because we HAD the best manager JIM SMITH and QUALITY players at the time We were excellent to watch though. 

14 minutes ago, rynny said:

We were one of the first teams to play 3-5-2 under Jim Smith.

Spot on. It wouldn't be much worse than the current football anyway. It's worth a try. I reckon it would suit the players the most. It has the right balance between attack and defence. It would also get Hughes higher up behind the two forwards. I'd be happy to see something like this:

Carson/Mitchell

Keogh   Pearce    Bamba

Christie     Bryson Johnson      Anya

Hughes

Ince

Vydra

16 minutes ago, SkeggyRam said:

Rather Rawson get a chance

Me too Skeggy I'd rather Rawson than the donkey Bamba tbf. Only seen Rawson played ONCE and seems good defender but need to see him play more rather than just one game I've seen though. Rawson is actually my first choice after Shackell by the way. Pearce meh

14 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

He makes so many mistakes and not just Leeds.. Also at Leicester.. 

That performance he played against Boro last season was comedy gold. My mate is Leeds fan and said he's not that good and always have mistakes in him every game. 

Because our defenders never make mistakes do they...

Archived