Tattoo

South Ram

9 hours ago, LesterRam said:

I went into a tattoo artists to have the famous welsh railway station inked on my love tool...

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

he took a look and suggested "Rhyl"

Chap asked ,  why 'Ludo' ?

told him it  actually,  occasionally reads  'Llandudno' ..

My first was a daily visual reminder of how far I've come from the dark days, date of the day I started this site which pretty much dragged me through the mess I was in.

Some may see that as being cringeworthy, sad, funny, whatever but I didn't have it done to impress anyone or look for compliments. 

Plan is for a full lower right arm which fades out into the upper, won't be any flowers, skulls, guardian angels....the typical footballer tattoos but each one has to mean something, that's the plan anyhow, if it takes me till I'm 80 so be it.

14 hours ago, richinspain said:

I had my first one done in 81. I went to have a ram done but chickened out at the last minute. I had "man & dad" done instead. It was a bit dangerous back then to wear your colours.....

I'd have thought having a tattoo about your Dad and a man would have been more dangerous than club colours ;)

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Q, What's the difference between people who choose to have tattoos and people who don't ?

A, People who choose to have tattoos don't feel compelled to comment about those that don't. 

"Everyone in this room is wearing a uniform, so don't kid yourselves."

Frank Zappa.

I've got a ram on my shoulder. 

My mum was going through treatment for lung cancer and she had radiotherapy. They said they would have to mark the places with a permanent pen and asked her if it was ok to do - she said yes, and do me a ram on me left shoulder while your at it........She died a month later and I had the tattoo not long after. 

It means too much to me in many ways to ever regret it. Having said that, I would discourage my girls from having one till they're older.

I'm sure I've told this story before.

2 hours ago, Muskination said:

Sorry to bring someone else's experience to the fore. Sorry also that you struggle with that.

I don't believe you, that's all, I just get the impression your up for an argument. In all my 57 years I've never heard a tattooed person say "look at that bloke/woman with no tattoos" but obviously someone you know has. :lol:

12 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I don't believe you, that's all, I just get the impression your up for an argument. In all my 57 years I've never heard a tattooed person say "look at that bloke/woman with no tattoos" but obviously someone you know has. :lol:

Strikes me you're the only person pursuing an argument. Good luck with that.

Oh, and let em se if I can drag up a turgid emoticon to go with it.

8 minutes ago, Muskination said:

Strikes me you're the only person pursuing an argument. Good luck with that.

Oh, and let em se if I can drag up a turgid emoticon to go with it.

I'm really not, correct me if I am wrong but you posted informing me my original post was inaccurate. I don't believe it is, you do, now before everybody else dies of boredom, I'm going to leave you to it. As I already alluded to, I'm not looking for an argument, it's just a simple case of I'm right, you're pants are on fire. 

2 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'm really not, correct me if I am wrong but you posted informing me my original post was inaccurate. I don't believe it is, you do, now before everybody else dies of boredom, I'm going to leave you to it. As I already alluded to, I'm not looking for an argument, it's just a simple case of I'm right, you're pants are on fire. 

You're still going.

I too have numerous tattoos. They are either Austrian themed or band logos.

I now dislike most of them and want them gone but I have to live with them now. I'm nearly 40.

All my tattoos mean something personal to me though which I am proud of in a way. I haven't just plumped for the seemingly obligatory celtic arm / sleeve generic design thingy that nearly every bloke seems to have nowadays. Not judging anyone who has one of these, it's not my body so do what you like to yours. I agree with the two other posters on here who commented about other issues which cause people to get tattoos done. I think there is a sense of getting them to compensate for insecurities for some or just getting them to pose which again, insecurities but in another sense. Others simply like the designs and artwork and love them so fair enough. I don't really like tattoos. Never have done really if i'm honest.

I thought they would make me look cool at the time but now 15 years on I look like a tw*t.

That said though, I think of all the club badges, the Derby ram stood alone in bold black is a simple but bloody good design to get tattooed.

On 12/09/2016 at 12:23, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I too have numerous tattoos. They are either Austrian themed or band logos.

I now dislike most of them and want them gone but I have to live with them now. I'm nearly 40.

All my tattoos mean something personal to me though which I am proud of in a way. I haven't just plumped for the seemingly obligatory celtic arm / sleeve generic design thingy that nearly every bloke seems to have nowadays. Not judging anyone who has one of these, it's not my body so do what you like to yours. I agree with the two other posters on here who commented about other issues which cause people to get tattoos done. I think there is a sense of getting them to compensate for insecurities for some or just getting them to pose which again, insecurities but in another sense. Others simply like the designs and artwork and love them so fair enough. I don't really like tattoos. Never have done really if i'm honest.

I thought they would make me look cool at the time but now 15 years on I look like a tw*t.

That said though, I think of all the club badges, the Derby ram stood alone in bold black is a simple but bloody good design to get tattooed.

I know somebody with the Man city logo on his shoulder and it was very badly done. Looks like a Tescos birthday cake.