January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

On 23/10/2016 at 16:00, thekingofbuxton said:

Forestieri and or hernandez please

Mcmanaman 

Wisdom 

Emnes loan 

Forestieri won't leave Wednesday. 

Abel hernandez I presume you're talking about (Javier would be decent to be fair ;)) - Hernandez won't drop from the prem to a championship club. The only reason he would leave Hull is because it has become a toxic club, why would he leave one toxic club to come to another? 

Mcmanaman is possible.

Wisdom is on loan in austria and won't be returning any time before the end of the season,

Emnes is on loan at Blackburn so highly doubt he will be leaving there due to him having first team football which he has wanted for a long time. 

So in a nutshell Mcmanaman is the only realistic one you've listed.

This would be my realistic TARGETS. Not signings.

Jordan Rhodes - Could be available either on loan or permanent. Knows the division and scores goals.

Callum Mcmanaman - Not getting game time at WBA and probably available for around £3-4m.

Tammy Abraham - On loan at Bristol City but Chelsea maybe would be happy to re-call him if we offer enough money permanently. Wouldn't be available on loan unless we were top 6 and Bristol started to struggle.

Britt Assombalonga - As I said in the summer, He would be perfect for this team. He isn't going to want to fight another relegation battle up the A52 with Forest. So why not offer a stupid amount of money to get him firing down here. Very unlikely again but if we got him then we could be lethal with him in our side. And yes I know he has just signed a new deal at Forest in the summer but everyone is available at a price and if Forest get taken over between now and January we could be more likely to get him as Fawaz is very unlikely to sell to us.

Benik Afobe - He isn't getting game time at Bournemouth. Would be decent to get in on loan because he would cost a massive amount to bring in Permanently.

47 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Don't want any overpriced show pony we have been used to over the years. When macclaren was at twenty he brought in the likes of Dusan Tadic and Bryan Ruiz from virtually nowhere. Why can't he do it here? 

Guessing the scouting system was better at Twente, but would be great for us to find another Idiakez out there who gets this team going. 

Well we are unlikely to be able to get Martin back from Fulham so if we need a centre forward who can compete, control a football, pass a football and score goals and probably even captain the side and there appears to be a chap who appears unwanted in Manchester who you never know might fancy a great challenge on loan in January- it would be nice if we were asking Wayne Rooney if he fancied it and Man U let him.

My shopping list would be:

1. A big, physical CDM of the George Thorne Ilk but with durability - i cant believe we've never signed a replacement to George. No idea who.  

2. A striker who can play the Martin hold up role and link up the midfield to the strikers, however it's unlikely we'll get him back and this suggestion is probably nuts but i'd honestly look at Peter crouch on loan until the end of the season, he'll be itching to get some first team football, skillful and can link up play brilliantly. 

3. A fast, pacy, physical winger with actual end product - I'd love us to go in for Bakary Sakho on loan, he tore the championship to shreds with Wolves.

If we're going to stick to 4 3 3 , which it looks like under McClaren we will . It's paramount we sought the right back area out . So much of our attacking football goes through the fullbacks allowing the wide forwards to tuck in . Think how many times this season has Cyrus wasted a good opportunity in the final 3rd ? One for me would be Tandayi Darikwa at Burnley would be a good call. 

Another player I think could add to this team is Sebastian Polter at QPR , sought of the Martin mould but slightly more mobile and better in the air ( got a stupid haircut though?) .

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

If we're going to stick to 4 3 3 , which it looks like under McClaren we will . It's paramount we sought the right back area out . So much of our attacking football goes through the fullbacks allowing the wide forwards to tuck in . Think how many times this season has Cyrus wasted a good opportunity in the final 3rd ? One for me would be Tandayi Darikwa at Burnley would be a good call. 

Another player I think could add to this team is Sebastian Polter at QPR , sought of the Martin mould but slightly more mobile and better in the air ( got a stupid haircut though?) .

Callum Paterson might be a good right back option. Would be useful from set-pieces and corners as he has a great heading ability.

15 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

If he is being played then there is no chance but if he's not then Rudy gestede from villa. He is strong, tall and can play alongside vydra?? Worth a shot.. 

Would cost a fair bit. Good shout though,

Think he went to Villa from Blackburn for a hefty sum, So can't imagine them wanting to let him leave cheaply.

On 26/10/2016 at 12:19, Derbados said:

3. A fast, pacy, physical winger with actual end product - I'd love us to go in for Bakary Sakho on loan, he tore the championship to shreds with Wolves.

I know he's not playing much at Palace but he's on like £60k a week. He wouldn't drop down to the championship after all the fuss he made when leaving Wolves.