January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

13 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Omar Bogle looks really good for Grimsby, might be worth a look at. 

Do we early need yet another striker? I don't think so but we do need a midfielder who is more savvy with his defensive duties than those we currently have on the books - this would free Will Hughes to operate further forward where his vision and passing skills can be used to create the maximum effect.

My main disappointment with Pearson so far is that either he failed to identify the need for this role in the team, didn't think there was anyone available good enough to do the job or it could be filled from within the existing squad.

He's just been made to look like a pub player by Scott Brown and decided that the best way to deal with it was to have a bust up with a lad who wasn't even playing on Saturday. Very mature from the leader and consummate professional that is Joey Barton. A big smug self satisfied grin from me to all the people who insisted that he'd grown up. I was right then and I'm right now, Barton is vastly overrated because he's a big name. There's a reason Burnley didn't bother trying to keep him and signed Hendrick instead.

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 12:32, TheDeadlySaul said:

Omar Bogle looks really good for Grimsby, might be worth a look at. 

Too lightweight from what I've seen. A better bet would be Aiden O'Brien from Millwall. He's physically robust, can hold the ball up and a great header of the ball and also is starting to score goals now and I think he's finally maturing and beginning to find his feet. He would give our attack something different if we are to go for another striker. He's a talent and could be a wild card in the Chris Martin mould.

He's been floated around the lower leagues where he found it tough to get to grips with the hurly burly for such a young lad but it's been great experience for him.  I saw him at Torquay and Aldershot where he was on loan and was impressed with his all round play and attitude despite both clubs actually ending up being relegated to the conference. It's no surprise he's trained on now and starting to score for Millwall in league 1.

He's an Irish U21 international and has scored a few for them.

Bogle is just quick and scores the odd goal. His career IMO is extremely limited. He's dangerous at league 2 level but if he makes it any higher than league 1 in his career i'd be amazed. Like him though. Great name too!