January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

he's no better than what we've got. He's no faster than Keogh, he's worse on the ball than all of our defence.

Per whoscored, last season Bamba averaged a 7.35 match rating and picked up 5 MotM awards.

Keogh - 6.94/3 (this season he's been excellent though)

Shackell - 7.14/1

Statistically, at least, Bamba would improve our defence but given how well our CBs are playing right now he could give us a great back 3 for this level. I have to agree with B4 here!

On 5 September 2016 at 20:00, Posh Ram said:

Per whoscored, last season Bamba averaged a 7.35 match rating and picked up 5 MotM awards.

Keogh - 6.94/3 (this season he's been excellent though)

Shackell - 7.14/1

Statistically, at least, Bamba would improve our defence but given how well our CBs are playing right now he could give us a great back 3 for this level. I have to agree with B4 here!

I wouldn't really trust WhoScored's ratings when it comes to centre-halves. Always seems to overate the big 'head it and kick it' types.

Staggering that people think that we don't need another defensive midfielder.

Even in an old school 4-4-2 you have one sitting and one supporting, the only way in which you won't need one is if you can manage to get your midfielders working as pistons like Viera and Petit. That takes an immense amount of footballing intelligence and understanding.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

I wouldn't really trust WhoScored's ratings when it comes to centre-halves. Always seems to overate the big 'head it and kick it' types.

Like with fantasy football they seem to give better ratings to goalscoring defenders too...

4 hours ago, cannable said:

Yeah fair enough and regardless of that statistics never tell the whole story anyway. For what it's worth, seems like Leeds fans don't particularly rate Bamba. I'd still be tempted if we were considering moving to a 3-5-2 formation but if we just play two centre halves we probably don't need anyone else.

On 7 September 2016 at 19:57, philmycock said:

Mickey Lewis

Geraint Williams

Daryll Powell

Martin Kuhl

Robin van der Laan

John Eustace

...similar ilk!

I'm sorry, but Martin Kuhl cannot be on that list.  To be a defensive midfielder, you had to be effective defensively.

Kuhl may have been the final piece of the jigsaw, however it was certainly not the jigsaw we had at the time!

3 hours ago, maydrakin said:

I'm sorry, but Martin Kuhl cannot be on that list.  To be a defensive midfielder, you had to be effective defensively.

Kuhl may have been the final piece of the jigsaw, however it was certainly not the jigsaw we had at the time!

Still preferable to Bradley!