Anya - Signed 4 year deal

SuperDerbySuperRams

9 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

I think we could do better. He's a solid Championship player but don't we have enough of those as wingers already

One big positive is the fact he can cover lots of different positions - full-back, left and right mid, left and right wing. So he would be valuable to have on the bench at least.

What wingers? Camara and................................? We have forwards or central players who have been played out of position but I wouldn't call any of them wingers.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

I think we could do better. He's a solid Championship player but don't we have enough of those as wingers already? 

One big positive is the fact he can cover lots of different positions - full-back, left and right mid, left and right wing. So he would be valuable to have on the bench at least.

Current crop

Russell - covers a lot of ground without looking up.

Ince - flits in and out like Tinkerbell. A boy in a man's game.

Blackman - awkward on the ball and devoid of confidence.

Camara - still early but has speed and trickery but as yet, little end product.

We have quantity not quality.

Is Anya the answer?

Who knows?

Just now, Srg said:

I like Anya, genuine wide player who can play wing back if necessary. Very fast, probably not quite as skilful as Camara though. Think he'd improve wide options.

His versatility is what makes this a decent buy for us. Not sure about the hair tho, a more streamline cut may squeeze a tad more pace out of him

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I wonder if Russell to Brizzle could still happen then? Will be another added to the list who *can* play on the wing

It does seem odd that we would be adding another player to play on the wing without selling first. Players that can potentially play on the wing: Ince,Weimann,Camara,Blackman,Russell and potentially Anya. That's 6 players for 2 positions. 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It does seem odd that we would be adding another player to play on the wing without selling first. Players that can potentially play on the wing: Ince,Weimann,Camara,Blackman,Russell and potentially Anya. That's 6 players for 2 positions. 

Unless we're not planning to play him on the wing.....

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Unless NP want's to play Weimann and blackman as out and out strikers, ie, their proper positions???

Archived