Lewis Grabban.

Seth's left foot

4 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Grabban.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Is that code for you're willing to wait to see if he signs or not, and if he does, at least see him play in a Derby shirt before burning an effigy outside the East Stand?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think because we thought we were signing Kodjia for 14 million we assume we have loads to spend.

I reckon we offered for Kodjia last week, our number one target and when the going got tough we decided to switch to Vydra. 

So I think the 'Kodjia money' was spent on Vydra. Anymore incomings will have to be dependant on who goes I would imagine.

As much as I would love to slap a 10 mil bid in for Afobe or Assambalonga, I don't think we have the funds for that.

Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think because we thought we were signing Kodjia for 14 million we assume we have loads to spend.

I reckon we offered for Kodjia last week, our number one target and when the going got tough we decided to switch to Vydra. 

So I think the 'Kodjia money' was spent on Vydra. Anymore incomings will have to be dependant on who goes I would imagine.

As much as I would love to slap a 10 mil bid in for Afobe or Assambalonga, I don't think we have the funds for that.

Just my opinion.

Hull City agree fee to sign Derby County's Jeff Hendrick

1 hour ago, cannable said:

I keep seeing this stated as justification for rebuilding the team.

Even if it was as simple as the players not being good enough, the idea was for managers to come in and improve the team. Not rip it apart. 

What if the only way to improve the team was to rip it apart? These players have been together for a few years now and seem to be pretty close, so maybe only moving one or two on will just cause more disruption between the players and manager and we need a clear out to get a squad that is more than willing to work with the gaffer.

31 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Surely it's about where they finished the season? Rather than the fact they were bottom at some point? Do you not see it that way?

Of course. But just as you're sure Martin is finished as a striker, then maybe so is NP with his ability to motivate?!

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Of course. But just as you're sure Martin is finished as a striker, then maybe so is NP with his ability to motivate?!

I'm not sure he's finished as a striker! I'm just sure that he hasn't been as effective in the last 12 months. Therefore I would rather change the player than another manager.

Just now, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

I'm not sure he's finished as a striker! I'm just sure that he hasn't been as effective in the last 12 months. Therefore I would rather change the player than another manager.

So rather than allow an exceptional motivator (NP) show what he can do with a 20-goal a season striker, you'd prefer we spent lots of dosh on another not so good one? ALL strikers go thru bad patches but most have a history to show they can and will score lots. ie not Blackman. Vydra's recent record doesn't look so great - bettered by Blackman, lol - but I'm fairly confident in his ability to score. Who will provide for him/strikers is more of a pressing problem imho.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So rather than allow an exceptional motivator (NP) show what he can do with a 20-goal a season striker, you'd prefer we spent lots of dosh on another not so good one? ALL strikers go thru bad patches but most have a history to show they can and will score lots. ie not Blackman. Vydra's recent record doesn't look so great - bettered by Blackman, lol - but I'm fairly confident in his ability to score. Who will provide for him/strikers is more of a pressing problem imho.

There's motivation and there's also tactics. Martin may not fit Pearson's tactics. He wants pace, Martin hasn't got it!

He's not a 20 goal season striker either, he only scored 16 in his last season!

His bad patch is half a season long with several coaches. He should be out of it now!

Basically you're in the camp of 'it's Martin's way', not 'the Derby way'. I support the club and the players and managers who the club employ. However if a manager comes in and wants to improve our position as a club and that means moving on players, so be it.

Whether Martin is good or not and whether is form will return or not. If we can't play with him or without him it's time for a change.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Pretty decent player, 6 million sounds about a fair price for him but I think there's better players about that would suit what pear sons trying to achieve here for not too much more.

For me average player, £6 million is ridiculous Bournmouth paid what Norwich paid £3 million and sold him quickly 

worth about £500.000 we really do not need anymore like him surely 

6 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

There's motivation and there's also tactics. Martin may not fit Pearson's tactics. He wants pace, Martin hasn't got it!

How do you know what Pearson wants up front? I've missed reading that, link please.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know what Pearson wants up front? I've missed reading that, link please.

Based on who he has brought in and in his interviews he comments on the new additions pace. Also during pre-season he favoured Bent. Signs suggest he wants pace!

Steve Howard played for Pearson. He bought Ulloa in. 

Vardy scored 25 goals or something in 3 years for Pearson. We moan about Martin getting 15 in 1. 

His most success with strikers has been Fryatt and Nugent. Quick in their day but I wouldn't say it's pace that you first notice. Nugent was just bloody good. 

Vardy's best scoring seasons came before and after Pearson. 

5 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Based on who he has brought in and in his interviews he comments on the new additions pace. Also during pre-season he favoured Bent. Signs suggest he wants pace!

Bent doesn't have pace anymore does he? That's why he's constantly offside trying to cheat and gain the yard or two he's lost

1 minute ago, Rich3478 said:

Bent doesn't have pace anymore does he? That's why he's constantly offside trying to cheat and gain the yard or two he's lost

He has more than Martin. But yes not enough, hence why he has brought in Vydra and Wilson!

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Steve Howard played for Pearson. He bought Ulloa in. 

Vardy scored 25 goals or something in 3 years for Pearson. We moan about Martin getting 15 in 1. 

His most success with strikers has been Fryatt and Nugent. Quick in their day but I wouldn't say it's pace that you first notice. Nugent was just bloody good. 

Vardy's best scoring seasons came before and after Pearson. 

But would you not say there pace opened up teams to allow the goals to be scored? Hence why he is bringing in pace options!

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

For me average player, £6 million is ridiculous Bournmouth paid what Norwich paid £3 million and sold him quickly 

worth about £500.000 we really do not need anymore like him surely 

He's an above average championship player imo, I know it seems ridiculous but 6 million is about the going price for those nowadays- don't forget this is a market where Hendrick is worth 10 million!

Archived