International Rams

Carl Sagan

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

What about Jamie Ward? There's a whole thread about him moving to Burton on here. He's now had two clubs since being our player, one of them being the treetards, but people are still interested in what he's up to. Maybe you're not, but a good proportion are. 

It's just not for me.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

A man with an agenda would suggest that escaping from the influence of Pearson has led to an upturn in the fortunes of Hendrick and Martin. Fortunately I am no such man.

Or maybe a man with an agenda would suggest that a man with an agenda would suggest that escaping from the influence of Pearson has led to an upturn in the fortunes of Hendrick and Martin?

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Or maybe a man with an agenda would suggest that a man with an agenda would suggest that escaping from the influence of Pearson has led to an upturn in the fortunes of Hendrick and Martin?

Or maybe a man with an agenda would suggest that a man with an agenda would suggest that a man with an agenda would suggest that escaping from the influence of Pearson has led to an upturn in the fortunes of Hendrick and Martin?

:ph34r:

5 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Or maybe a man with an agenda would suggest that a man with an agenda would suggest that a man with an agenda would suggest that escaping from the influence of Pearson has led to an upturn in the fortunes of Hendrick and Martin?

:ph34r:

What would be said if no men had agendas?

14 hours ago, 86 points said:

It's not that folk don't want to accept he no longer plays for us.  He scored 60+ goals for us in his time here and it's simply a sign of respect. Strange you find that so hard to comprehend.

I don't find it hard to comprehend at all. I thank him for his time here, he did well but hardly a legend, now he's left good luck to him, but not interested. No problem :) 

13 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

That's odd because I always look out to see how old players are doing, even if they weren't what you would call fan favourites. They have played for the club and the cynic in me thinks when they go it should be left at that. However, I can't help but look to see how they do, to see whether the club/manager made the right decision in letting them leave. Sometimes though I just look out for them because I like them and will always be a fan of theirs. I support the club first, but that doesn't necessarily mean I don't support some of the players after they go.

Think that's the key in all this. If you like a player or he was a particular favourite for whatever reason, then you are interested. If he wasn't, then you're not. I was always interested in what some of Smithy's team got up to - Biaino, Eranio etc - but not others such as Jonathan Hunt (sorry Jon).

On 9/4/2016 at 23:38, VulcanRam said:

I've been out of the country for the last couple of weeks, but I thought Martin had moved to Fulham? If so, why are we worrying about his form or performance?

Because he isn't actually sold yet, if he does poorly at Fulham he will be at DCFC on 1 July 2017, with a year on a contract and the club will got nowhere near what Fulham have agreed to pay.

14 hours ago, McLovin said:

Didn't Southgate say he wants to reintroduce him gradually? He trained with them earlier today in this video

Maybe one of the reasons he got sacked by Boro was judging player's ability...

Gradually? Madness, I'd say.

13 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Maybe one of the reasons he got sacked by Boro was judging player's ability...

Gradually? Madness, I'd say.

Is it because he's still recovering from a long term injury. Mind you that didn't stop england picking wilshere fir the euros. Very odd not to see hughes playing or even as sub. He's not over 21 yet is he? 

12 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Is it because he's still recovering from a long term injury. Mind you that didn't stop england picking wilshere fir the euros. Very odd not to see hughes playing or even as sub. He's not over 21 yet is he? 

Born -95. So now 21.

13 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

He is (just) but you can keep playing if you were eligible when the competition began (as he was). He wouldn't have been in the squad if he wasn't available for selection.

• 6 months later...

Reviving this thread for the latest break:

Keogh has started for Republic of Ireland tonight and I see has been assigned to pick up Bale at set pieces. Christie and Pearce are on the bench.

Hughes is on the bench for England U21s away in Germany.

Earlier in the week both Anya and Martin started for Scotland and Anya was officially awarded the MotM in their 1-1 draw against Canada.

I am baffled Anya hasn't cemented his place with us as everyone says what a good egg is he is and he seems ideal as a pacey skillful wingback. Perhaps he's too nice so is easy for managers to leave out?

Vydra was cut from the final Czech squad so is back at Moor Farm training with the other players.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Reviving this thread for the latest break:

Keogh has started for Republic of Ireland tonight and I see has been assigned to pick up Bale at set pieces. Christie and Pearce are on the bench.

Hughes is on the bench for England U21s away in Germany.

Earlier in the week both Anya and Martin started for Scotland and Anya was officially awarded the MotM in their 1-1 draw against Canada.

I am baffled Anya hasn't cemented his place with us as everyone says what a good egg is he is and he seems ideal as a pacey skillful wingback. Perhaps he's too nice so is easy for managers to leave out?

Vydra was cut from the final Czech squad so is back at Moor Farm training with the other players.

There was a Scottish newspaper columnist,  Ally somebody on talksport yesterday lamenting scotlands team.

He made the point that the national squad have a surplus of left backs but a complete dearth of centre backs and right backs.

When reminded that anya played there in the draw against the mighty Canada he more or less snorted in derision. As did Alan Brazil who opined that "he's not a right back in a million years"

So no idea what the mom was about.

Christie is on after what was apparently a horendous fould on Seamus Coleman that's seem the Everton man stretchered off with oxygen & Neil Taylor sent offf for Wales. I wasn't quite watching and Sky haven't shown any replays "for reasons of taste" because the foul was apparently that bad. Never heard anything like it.

Meamwhile Christie has already taken a string of Rory Delap-style long throws into the Welsh box. I had no idea he could reach the far side of the six yard area. We should use that. Keogh is getting forard a lot. Still 0-0.

In Germany, England U21 lost 1-0 and Hughes stayed on the bench, England only using 2 subs to Germany's 5. Which sounds like poor coaching to me. Increasingly football, like rugby,  should be about having "finishers" and Germany ended the game with far fresher legs than we did. Sounds as if Heseltine has been listening to the English fans from a couple of nights ago and is banging on that it's outrageous Germany will dominate Europe despite losing the second world war...

Archived