International Rams

Carl Sagan

It's the international break and in many ways we could do with everyone on the training ground at Moor Farm for the next fortnight, sorting things out. But we should also celebrate just how many international Rams there are in the squad and hope that trips away with their respective countries will bring them back with smiles on their faces. Chris Baird may have retired from international fooball to focus on his Derby career, but off on international duty we have:

Republic of Ireland Oman (friendly, 31/08); Serbia (World Cup Qualifier, 05/09)

• Cyrus Christie
  • Jeff Hendrick
  • Richard Keogh
  • Alex Pearce

Scotland Malta (WCQ, 04/09)

• Chris Martin

Czech Republic Armenia (friendly, 31/08); Northern Ireland (WCQ, 04/09)

• Matej Vydra

England U21 Norway (UEFA European U21 Championship, 06/09)

• Will Hughes

England U20 Brazil (friendly, 04/09)

• Max Lowe

That's eight from the squad. No Scottish call-ups this time for Bryson or Russell (nor sadly Fozzy). James Wilson will hopefully soon play himself back into the England U21s but wasn't selected this time. I think the Slovenian U21s are playing the Republic of Ireland in a Euro Qualifier on 02/09 but I can't find anything that says Timi Max Elsnick has made the step up from the Slovenian U19 team. And, sadly, the new England manger has failed to reccall Scott Carson or Darren Bent :)

Have I missed anyone?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be playing 5 aside then, expect the Academy players will mix in, must hinder preparation for Newcastle.

b.t.w reckon Allardyce giving Hart a last chance to find a club :lol: joking aside I bet Carson probably isn't that far down the list with Butland out. One more unfortunate injury, how many other contenders are they? Not many I'd guess.

As someone with Austrian grandparents I take a more than passing interest in the national team there. Been over to watch the, a few times. I was over the moon when I learned that Derby had Weimann. Not quite good enough on the international stage but for Derby to have an Austrian in their ranks it makes me feel quite at home. :) Any other Austrians that have turned out for Derby in the past does anyone know?

22 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

And now the official site has Elsnick being called up to the Slovenian U19s for two matches: http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/elsnik-receives-international-call-up-for-slovenia-under-19s-3274478.aspx

Slovenia U19 Poland (friendlies 02/09, 04/09)

• Timi Max Elsnick

So that takes us to nine of the first team squad away.

Elsnik* 

3 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

anyone notice how many times martin got on the end of a cross think he was really trying tonight cant remember seeing him on the of many for us this year

Difficult to get the end of a cross when it goes to the other post to where you are, and when you are in the middle it wither goes straight to the keeper or out the other side. Against Burton the first 3 crosses he went to the near post and all of them went to the back post so he made runs to the back post for the next 2 and both went to the near post, then the final one didn't even make it into the box. Not sure what he is meant to do with those.

Archived