Cover at left back?

Jimbo Ram

Everyone seems to be suggesting we need to bring in a RB to either replace Christie or challenge him for a starting spot but with Forsyth's injury do we not need cover in at left back, maybe a prem loan? I thought at times last season Olsson was found wanting defensively?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised they've not looked to replace Forsyth, I would assume either no targets are available or they're going to trust in Lowe, which is at least one recent positive if so but Olsson isn't up to Forsyth's standard which could be a concern. 

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Everyone seems to be suggesting we need to bring in a RB to either replace Christie or challenge him for a starting spot but with Forsyth's injury do we not need cover in at left back, maybe a prem loan? I thought at times last season Olsson was found wanting defensively?

Lowe and Baird are considered satisfactory cover, then you have Elsnik and Johnson beyond that so I think we are sorted. 

Having 4 left backs just incase is just a waste of time in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Alex W said:

I'm surprised they've not looked to replace Forsyth, I would assume either no targets are available or they're going to trust in Lowe, which is at least one recent positive if so but Olsson isn't up to Forsyth's standard which could be a concern. 

I haven't seen much of Lowe so can't really comment. Baird can't play right back yet alone left back so hope he isn't seen as an option there...

7 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Lowe and Baird are considered satisfactory cover, then you have Elsnik and Johnson beyond that so I think we are sorted. 

Having 4 left backs just incase is just a waste of time in my opinion.

Elsnik? He plays cm or on the wing. Do you mean Stabana?

1 minute ago, kingsy1884 said:

Pretty sure he came on at LB vs Carlisle or maybe lowe moved back I cant remember. but theres another that can play there. 

He played lw and lower went to lb and then Johnson went to lb.

At some point we have to trust the youth.

no point in having an enviable accademy if when opportunity presents itself to put one of the more established ones (Lowe) in if we just keep turning to the loan market and say not this time son.

To start or keep attracting the top talent there has to be a clear path to the first team and even the first 11.

im not saying litter the side with them, but fozzys misfortune is an opportunity for the club to demonstrate they are serious to perspective new recruits derby are serious about this youth policy 

Archived