WAKE UP!

utisbug

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

In contrary to the OP I believe that a number of the players have peaked or are disinterested - either way, its time to refresh the squad.

In my humble opinion Derby have been light weight and lacked character for the past year.  We rode the crest of a wave to the play off final and unluckily missed out.  Our best chance of promotion was the following season - and it was all going well until for whatever reason the wheels started to come off in March.  Since then we've shown glimpses of our former selves but never with any real consistency.

I would personally like to see us ship 5 or 6 players out and bring 3 or 4 in, maybe then the remaining players will show more interest and start performing to their abilities.

With the Matej Vydra signing and other potential ins and out mentioned in the transfer forum it appears to me that Mel Morris has seen enough of the current crop and is investing in a future with Nigel Pearson.  I personally never thought that we would get promoted this season (play-offs at best) but instead it would be a transition season and seasons 2 and 3 under Pearson we would become much more of a threat.

Nigel Pearson is a proven manager that will build us a promotion winning team if given the chance.

Absolutely agree.  Would love a Morgan type player as captain or similar who has backbone and steal and doesn't make clumsy mistakes which we have also been prone too... So all looking good. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, utisbug said:

Enough. People all over this forum hurling abuse at the players, calling for the reserves to play, calling for a mass culling, claiming its some sort of purposely constructed sabotage by the players.

Are you real? The problem is that squad? The problem is that set of players?...the problem is Nigel Pearson. If you think we can even dream of assembling a better squad than we currently have in the Chamipnship you are literally crazy. Yes some players need to pull their fingers out, no they aren't playing well. But enough of the fools claiming its that squad.

They are a side built with a particular footballing ethos in mind and they are desperately trying to adapt to the new managers views and philosophies and it ain't working. And it ain't working because it's Nigel Pearson. People need to wake up. He is an odd fit. End of. Either as a fan you want to see the side progressing or you don't. Whether you like it or not the side has adopted a certain possession based style over the last few years. The squad was built to that end and Nigel Pearaon comes in and fans aren't surprised when it goes the way it's going? When has Nigel Pearaon ever displayed the qualities as a manager Mel Morris has been so vocal about seeking in the man at the helm of Derby? Does the "Derby way" Mel has worked so hard to instil ooze out of Nigel Pearsons gruffled exterior?

Grow up. We're getting what we asked for.

Grow up for having a opinion? Oh. 

Had we not seen every single player play much better under different managers, in different systems..etc then I would say it could be the players.

What would McClaren's team make of Pearson's? That Derby team would win by four or five goals. 

I don't think extra personnel is going to help, especially not in the forward positions. 

I wouldn't use the word mess, but it's ill thought out. We haven't looked this poor since Clough was at the helm, expect he had an excuse. 

I think a lower midtable finish at the minute looks like a more reasonable bet than the top 6! 

3 hours ago, utisbug said:

Enough. People all over this forum hurling abuse at the players, calling for the reserves to play, calling for a mass culling, claiming its some sort of purposely constructed sabotage by the players.

Are you real? The problem is that squad? The problem is that set of players?...the problem is Nigel Pearson. If you think we can even dream of assembling a better squad than we currently have in the Chamipnship you are literally crazy. Yes some players need to pull their fingers out, no they aren't playing well. But enough of the fools claiming its that squad.

They are a side built with a particular footballing ethos in mind and they are desperately trying to adapt to the new managers views and philosophies and it ain't working. And it ain't working because it's Nigel Pearson. People need to wake up. He is an odd fit. End of. Either as a fan you want to see the side progressing or you don't. Whether you like it or not the side has adopted a certain possession based style over the last few years. The squad was built to that end and Nigel Pearaon comes in and fans aren't surprised when it goes the way it's going? When has Nigel Pearaon ever displayed the qualities as a manager Mel Morris has been so vocal about seeking in the man at the helm of Derby? Does the "Derby way" Mel has worked so hard to instil ooze out of Nigel Pearsons gruffled exterior?

Grow up. We're getting what we asked for.

Meh

these threads are boring now, how many times are the mids going to allow them to carry on. Lick em diwn

same crap on them all

go to the aptly named whinging about Pearson thread or whatever it's called

3 hours ago, YouRams said:

Pearson has been here for the three years this squad has failed to gain promotion has he? They looked dross last season, they only made playoffs because of how poor the league was. I'm glad Pearson is having the balls to out some of them, it's about time! 

Hahaha that's got to be my favourite line of all the ranting and moaning and blaming of this and that, this has pretty much topped them all. We made the the play offs because we weren't quite as poor as everyone else? :lol::lol::lol:

15 minutes ago, rynny said:

Hahaha that's got to be my favourite line of all the ranting and moaning and blaming of this and that, this has pretty much topped them all. We made the the play offs because we weren't quite as poor as everyone else? :lol::lol::lol:

So you think we played well last year? You can count on one hand the games we played well in. The league was dreadful last season, those performances this season wouldn't see us anywhere near the playoffs. 

Just now, YouRams said:

So you think we played well last year? You can count on one hand the games we played well in. The league was dreadful last season, those performances this season wouldn't see us anywhere near the playoffs. 

We may not have played many teams off the park but we did what was needed to win games.

4 hours ago, maxjam said:

In contrary to the OP I believe that a number of the players have peaked or are disinterested - either way, its time to refresh the squad.

In my humble opinion Derby have been light weight and lacked character for the past year.  We rode the crest of a wave to the play off final and unluckily missed out.  Our best chance of promotion was the following season - and it was all going well until for whatever reason the wheels started to come off in March.  Since then we've shown glimpses of our former selves but never with any real consistency.

I would personally like to see us ship 5 or 6 players out and bring 3 or 4 in, maybe then the remaining players will show more interest and start performing to their abilities.

With the Matej Vydra signing and other potential ins and out mentioned in the transfer forum it appears to me that Mel Morris has seen enough of the current crop and is investing in a future with Nigel Pearson.  I personally never thought that we would get promoted this season (play-offs at best) but instead it would be a transition season and seasons 2 and 3 under Pearson we would become much more of a threat.

Nigel Pearson is a proven manager that will build us a promotion winning team if given the chance.

I can see why the idea to try to get the play off team over the line was so appealing, but two whole seasons have past since then and its time to move on. 

The Wassall days were the last hurah for th i ngs as they were. 

A few established players moving might be best for them and us, doesnt mean they have become bad, but are no longer the right players for us. 

Archived