The players did this to Clement as well allegedly

Curtains

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, satty atwal said:

I dont understand your point? The players did what exactly? And u can forget about mclaren for a number of reasons. No is the answer to your question of do they want him back.

They aren't buying into Pearson and they didn't buy into Clement.  

No i don't want McClaren back and I would like Pearson to succeed .

He can play the reserves next game for me .

Losing to Burton is a disgrace 

4 hours ago, curtains said:

Losing to Burton is a disgrace 

Losing to Burton is no more a disgrace than losing to Barnsley.

The championship is a tough division, there are no easy games and Derby are always a big scalp for so called smaller teams. Burton are there on merit same as all the other clubs.

Its no use thinking of Burton as a little non-league club, they are holding their own in the 2nd tier of English football and will no doubt take points from other "big" clubs this season.

5 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Bloke next to me in the crowd said mcclaren and simmo were there last night and Pearson has to give Mel some answers. He got this info on his phone by text. Don't know who text him but they have a cracking imagination 

Simmo and McClaren WERE there last night though. I'm not sure why.

2 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

Losing to Burton is not a disgrace to me, but the way Derby players played and the way they performed - it is.

They should be punished one week without pay.

and made to sit on the naughty step !

3 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Losing to Burton is no more a disgrace than losing to Barnsley.

The championship is a tough division, there are no easy games and Derby are always a big scalp for so called smaller teams. Burton are there on merit same as all the other clubs.

Its no use thinking of Burton as a little non-league club, they are holding their own in the 2nd tier of English football and will no doubt take points from other "big" clubs this season.

Bang on. I think many are forgetting that Clough is a decent manager who can assemble "unsung" players into a strong team mentality. He's at his best in times of adversity [and let's face it, being in charge at Burton in the Championship is a tough job] and he will no doubt have mentioned to his players that he would like a win last night!

We're not the only team who will lose at Burton this year but I still think they will have done very well if they stay up. I would be very surprised if we don't finish signifcantly higher than they do. Horrible start but we can only improve.

Archived