Will Hughes

Warren Hobhead

Play him behind the striker. He's an attacking midfielder, not a CDM. Sure, he can carry the ball out but he's not a tough tackler and his marking is average to poor.

I've no idea why he isn't where Butterfield is. That's literally his skill set. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Hughes probably won't dominate a game but he will dicate the pace and create space for others to do so. He can pull opposition players around, creating space for him or others to exploit.

The problem is when others aren't willing to play short little passes or Will's radar is a bit off. At the moment I think it's a bit of both.

I'm a huge fan of Will and, though I won't critise the manager when he's no selected, I am a little disapoined when he isn't playing, just because I love to watch a naturally gifted player in full flow.

If Nigel can't fit Will in, I  understand his style won't fit some formations, I'd very reluctantly sell him so he can play. He is far to gifted a player to sit on our bench  

It's Hughes now?

Martin will be pleased.

And Blackman. 

What has Cyrus done btw? Or Bryson? Or Russell? Or Ince? Or Butterfield? Or Johnson? Or Keogh?

None of them look good to me. Playing on a 30 yard pitch that they use. 

Looked better under Wassall. That useless Wassall. The clown that everyone slated because he only had them playing better than this. But now it's definitely the players fault. It wasn't last season. It was the manager. 

Hughes is the ringleader. He purposely wants to dismantle his career and he's said to Bryson

"Hey Bryso, let's play crap. Be fun innit. Let's put effort into defending though. We want to lose but it needs to he close"

Just now, sage said:

I can see Hughes being sold if we get an half decent offer, If we are going to play a rapid counter attacking game, then we might as well sell him and let him be skilfull somewhere else,

I was thinking this, Butterfield too. 

6 minutes ago, sage said:

I can see Hughes being sold if we get an half decent offer, If we are going to play a rapid counter attacking game, then we might as well sell him and let him be skilfull somewhere else,

He's like the rest of them. He just doesn't care. 

Even though they played 18 games, won 9 and scored 26 goals under "Waffle".They have decided off the back of chucking the kitchen sink at Hull that they don't want to further their careers. They don't want to be internationals and treble their wages and have people praise them. Make parents and family proud. 

They've decided they don't care. 

All 20 whatever of them that have "played" this season. 

Sell them all I say. Let Pearson build DCFC again in his own image. Because he basically handed Ranieri a Premier League title.

Just now, Alpha said:

Even though they played 18 games, won 9 and scored 26 goals under "Waffle".They have decided off the back of chucking the kitchen sink at Hull that they don't want to further their careers. They don't want to be internationals and treble their wages and have people praise them. Make parents and family proud. 

Sell them all I say. Let Pearson build DCFC again in his own image. Because he basically handed Ranieri a Premier League title.

Rant time!!

You are preaching to the converted

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Rant time!!

You are preaching to the converted

It's really really winding me up people saying players don't care.

Say they're crap. Say they're fussy, say they don't adapt, say they're too small.

But I dunno about you Sage but I care about the work I do. And I do not have hundreds of thousands of people judging me. Neither have I left my home and family and rose up through the ranks to do this job. I'm not on the verge of a major opportunity to increase my prospects. 

Yet my pride makes me care. 

I'm thinking they fooking care!!  

Are they nervous, scared? Possibly. 

But ffs, too many people here watched Footballers Wives.

Most these lads go into work on their days off. They ask about their fitness stats. They wear lucky pants. They go to bed early. They eat breakfast that's *****!!! 

It's a ****** excuse. 

It happens where players probably get distracted by girls, cars, playstations. It's a "lad" culture. But I'd say the vast majority, even if cnuts off the pitch, turn into bad loses and fiercely competitive athletes when they get a ball at their feet. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's really really winding me up people saying players don't care.

Say they're crap. Say they're fussy, say they don't adapt, say they're too small.

But I dunno about you Sage but I care about the work I do. And I do not have hundreds of thousands of people judging me. Neither have I left my home and family and rose up through the ranks to do this job. I'm not on the verge of a major opportunity to increase my prospects. 

Yet my pride makes me care. 

I'm thinking they fooking care!!  

Are they nervous, scared? Possibly. 

But ffs, too many people here watched Footballers Wives.

Most these lads go into work on their days off. They ask about their fitness stats. They wear lucky pants. They go to bed early. They eat breakfast that's *****!!! 

It's a ****** excuse. 

It happens where players probably get distracted by girls, cars, playstations. It's a "lad" culture. But I'd say the vast majority, even if cnuts off the pitch, turn into bad loses and fiercely competitive athletes when they get a ball at their feet. 

That's where we are going wrong, it is 10 feet in the air all the time to the attackers. Hooooooof.

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

In which case how can Bent and Martin be to blame when nothing was created for either of them?

We actually started to get in decent positions after Bent came on but he was offside pretty much every time we went forward.

There was also the chance where he failed to hit the target from about 6 yards but would not have counted anyway because guess what...

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

We actually started to get in decent positions after Bent came on but he was offside pretty much every time we went forward.

There was also the chance where he failed to hit the target from about 6 yards but would not have counted anyway because guess what...

He was offside 

37 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I've read your post a couple of times and I can't decide if it's a serious post. Originally thought it was a joke but having read other posts on the forum I'm not sure.

I still think its a joke but will respond to its points.

To say players don't care or want to lose is ridiculous. These are competitive athletes and the will to win has got them to the level they are at. They may not run around as much as less skillful players but this is because they shouldn't need to, they should be able to do it by football skills. Lacm of headless running does not mean they don't care.

I'd much rather watch a skillful player rather than a 110% type player, skill will win out.

Others may want different but I want to watch good football, based on the games so far I'll support the team but not sure I'll put myself out to attend games ,even with a season ticket.  As Gladiator said, I want to be entertained. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thought we looked more positive and threatening after Camara came on. Was looking forward to seeing Wilson bought on to partner Martin, but no...Bent offside!

27 minutes ago, Gladram said:

.....To say players don't care or want to lose is ridiculous. These are competitive athletes and the will to win has got them to the level they are at. They may not run around as much as less skillful players but this is because they shouldn't need to, they should be able to do it by football skills. Lacm of headless running does not mean they don't care........

See Chelsea last season, a disgrace.

Can we not make Hughes the new scapegoat please?

It is very obvious he's an excellent player with a big future. At the moment clearly the tactics are not right for him because his performances haven't been up to his usual standards.

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought we looked more positive and threatening after Camara came on. Was looking forward to seeing Wilson bought on to partner Martin, but no...Bent offside!

NP not happy with Martin and Butterfield, so made the double substitution,  obviously something was said to the pair at HT which they did not responded to.

Looking at Martin's face after he was pulled off says it all really.

Archived