Will Hughes

Warren Hobhead

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dcfc10 said:

I would rip up all the midfield and start again thats our weak point. Im waiting for all the backlash lol 

There will be no backlash - I'm the only person who hasn't already got you on 'ignore'

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

but what you're saying is effectively we cannot have him in the current side because we lack fluidity and movement and therefore he cannot and does not perform, and cannot change the tempo of a game. Which basically agrees with my stance that he isn't as good YET as people make out he is.

I still have high hope for him, but when players like Paul Green, who isn't a patch on Hughes ability-wise, can influence the team over the season more positively than Hughes does, it's time to realise, he either has to change his game and become effective or leave.

No way am I saying we cannot have him in the side because the side is not playing well 

Thorne and Hughes, if they ever get to play together, will be the best midfield pairing in the championship in my opinion.  Add Bryson if it's 3 in there.  That is if we are willing to play the ball through midfield rather than just have our defenders  launch high aimless balls over their heads. 

9 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

You are just reading my thoughts, in my dreams I see him playing in Real Madrid alongside Luka Modric. :D

I was thinking more Espanyol or Betis. He could be their watered down Modric ;)

9 hours ago, Highgate said:

Thorne and Hughes, if they ever get to play together, will be the best midfield pairing in the championship in my opinion.  Add Bryson if it's 3 in there.  That is if we are willing to play the ball through midfield rather than just have our defenders  launch high aimless balls over their heads. 

Hopefully with Vydra and Wilson doing some running we will start to do so.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

He is playing in the championship for a reason................

Everything happens for a reason in life. Will's discourse in the Championship til now has also its reasons. He is still young and growing; and not to forget he was absent for a year.

Hopefully he'll able to taste some higher levels.

22 hours ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

It's not a naive view in the slightest. That's my opinion of Hughes, not all players.

Like I said, 'to our knowledge' we haven't received any bids for him.

I would let him go because I don't think he's going to get any better playing in this division. If he can make a career in the Prem, great. I'd be pleased for the lad. But my opinion is that he's a 'footballer' and the more technically gifted footballers tend to play abroad. Again, not all.

Do you really think Hughes is going to progress much further playing in the Championship? Given that he's struggling to even adapt to a different Midfield position?. If he doesn't progress his value will drop.

I'd love for him to stay and help Derby achieve things, but we've gone backwards in the past 12 months and I wouldn't like to see him being held back while we re-group.

So, off your high horse mate, because whilst I don't know all the in's and out's, neither do you.

Ok, that's your opinion then John. I just can't accept that you wish to get rid of a technically great player, and rather pay to watch a worse technically good player who's not a 'footballer', play week in week out. 

Hopefully he won't be in the Championship much longer if Derby were to get promoted with good players such as Hughes. 

I agree we've gone backwards, and I'm against this 'regroup'.

Typical of fans like you to overrate opposition players to players who Derby are lucky to have and have been a joy to watch over recent seasons. Firmly still on my horse, Super Johnny. 

16 minutes ago, ramLAD said:

Ok, that's your opinion then John. I just can't accept that you wish to get rid of a technically great player, and rather pay to watch a worse technically good player who's not a 'footballer', play week in week out. 

Hopefully he won't be in the Championship much longer if Derby were to get promoted with good players such as Hughes. 

I agree we've gone backwards, and I'm against this 'regroup'.

Typical of fans like you to overrate opposition players to players who Derby are lucky to have and have been a joy to watch over recent seasons. Firmly still on my horse, Super Johnny. 

Trust me. I'd rather watch footballers like Hughes over most other midfielders in this league.

I'm just being realistic. And I'm not overrating opposition players, just highlighting that it is looking likely that Hughes won't be played in a role that suits him, which may possibly mean he isn't going to progress at a rate he should, and whilst his stock is high we should maybe cash in.

However, we are struggling like hell to make signings, and with that being the case it would be unlikely that we could replace him with anyone with half his talent.

I do think you're missing my point a little.

Archived