Calum Chambers - Joined Boro on loan

Bris Vegas

Derby one of a number of clubs looking at him as a possible loan.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-liverpool-8700575

Rubbish paper talk IMO.

Newly-promoted Hull City and Middlesbrough are among a clutch of clubs chasing Arsenal defender Calum Chambers.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted they will allow 21-year-old Chambers to go out on loan this season to gain regular first team experience.

Wenger insisted the signing of Shkodran Mustafi would not affect his long term future but confirmed a loan move is on the cards. Wenger said: “Future? No. The fact that he could go out somewhere and play? Yes.”

West Ham have also enquired but Arsenal want Chambers to go and play as a centre back while there has also been interest from Stoke and Derby. There has been foreign interest as well with Espanyol, Valencia and Roma.

Hull and Boro could potentially offer regular games and Chambers is likely to decide in the next 48 hours after Arsenal receive offers.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zero chance. Arsenal signed him off the back of a successful season at Southampton in the PL. Arsenal was a step up too large for him, but he'd get in to probably every PL side that finished in the bottom half last season.

If he was available for a loan deal he would get a starting place in a PL side without a problem.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Zero chance. Arsenal signed him off the back of a successful season at Southampton in the PL. Arsenal was a step up too large for him, but he'd get in to probably every PL side that finished in the bottom half last season.

If he was available for a loan deal he would get a starting place in a PL side without a problem.

Absoloutely.

Having said that though, Arsenal will want a hefty loan fee for him and clubs you'd expect to finish in midtable would surely prefer to develop one of their own rather than any team's player.

I can only see teams who need that extra quality to finish in a certain position go in for him. I don't see why someone like West Ham, Stoke City or even Boro would. They don't need him.

Someone like Hull or Sunderland to help them avoid relegation would be the most logical of choices.

Derby's reported interest is bizarre. Would we feel replacing Shackell and bringing in Chambers on loan (say for a £2 million loan fee) would make all the difference in our bid to go up?

I'd rather just stick as we are or try and develop Rawson into becoming Shackell's long-term replacement.

35 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Absoloutely.

Having said that though, Arsenal will want a hefty loan fee for him and clubs you'd expect to finish in midtable would surely prefer to develop one of their own rather than any team's player.

I can only see teams who need that extra quality to finish in a certain position go in for him. I don't see why someone like West Ham, Stoke City or even Boro would. They don't need him.

Someone like Hull or Sunderland to help them avoid relegation would be the most logical of choices.

Derby's reported interest is bizarre. Would we feel replacing Shackell and bringing in Chambers on loan (say for a £2 million loan fee) would make all the difference in our bid to go up?

I'd rather just stick as we are or try and develop Rawson into becoming Shackell's long-term replacement.

He played RB when he was at his best with Southampton though didn't he? Arsenal played him CB because that's where they were short on players. He's versatile in the sense that he can play anywhere across the back 4 but I think his natural position is RB. We're probably linked as we've been linked to Yedlin and briefly, although not concretely, to Wisdom and Trippier. Can't see it happening but he would definitely be an improvement on anyone we have regardless of whether he plays RB or CB. Although, as you've said, would the improvement be a difference of going up or staying down? Probably not.

4 hours ago, Kernow said:

He played RB when he was at his best with Southampton though didn't he? Arsenal played him CB because that's where they were short on players. He's versatile in the sense that he can play anywhere across the back 4 but I think his natural position is RB. We're probably linked as we've been linked to Yedlin and briefly, although not concretely, to Wisdom and Trippier. Can't see it happening but he would definitely be an improvement on anyone we have regardless of whether he plays RB or CB. Although, as you've said, would the improvement be a difference of going up or staying down? Probably not.

After tonight it's more like staying up not going up 

Archived