Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen Reading paid £2m last season as a loan fee. Hard to determine value as Watford signed him from a club their owners also run so it's not as if it's a question of recouping anything specific. Got to look at the Deeney situation though and assume their board will play hardball over fees. Think we may pay over the odds for a player out of form this time.

I think this guy is quality. Look at what he did for Watford, he's a fantastic finisher. It didn't quite work out at Reading but they're poor. Blackman got 11 goals in half a season and then has hardly pulled up any trees here. Some players just suit certain teams or systems. Did Vydra play ahead of or behind Deeney at Watford? Either way that could definitely work with Martin here.

The second half against Villa we went 4-2-3-1 by the looks of it and actually looked like a good side. I'd like us to carry on in that shape. Vydra would fit in to that as well. If we do sign a winger too (for arguments sake let's say McManaman), then we could line up with this as a front 4:

Ince Vydra McManaman

Martin

Wilson, Bent, Camara, Russell, Blackman all as options from the bench. I'd be pretty happy with that.

13 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think this guy is quality. Look at what he did for Watford, he's a fantastic finisher. It didn't quite work out at Reading but they're poor. Blackman got 11 goals in half a season and then has hardly pulled up any trees here. Some players just suit certain teams or systems. Did Vydra play ahead of or behind Deeney at Watford? Either way that could definitely work with Martin here.

The second half against Villa we went 4-2-3-1 by the looks of it and actually looked like a good side. I'd like us to carry on in that shape. Vydra would fit in to that as well. If we do sign a winger too (for arguments sake let's say McManaman), then we could line up with this as a front 4:

Ince Vydra McManaman

Martin

Wilson, Bent, Camara, Russell, Blackman all as options from the bench. I'd be pretty happy with that.

I like the look of that team but Can't see us signing Vydra and a winger unless at least 2 players left

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I like the look of that team but Can't see us signing Vydra and a winger unless at least 2 players left

It wouldn't surprise me. I can't see Pearson being too happy with the attacking on display so far. The way he plays involves quick counter attacking and we just aren't doing that at the moment. If he can get a winger and a striker to improve us then I think he will.

40 minutes ago, sage said:

Martin behind Wilson and Vydra, as the tip of a diamond?

i was thinking kinda the same, even if we play 4-4-1-1 Vydra can play furthest forward and Martin plays in behind Vydra playing through balls, also gives the midfielders a very good out ball if we're sat deep. Play into Martins feet, he holds it so we can get out or plays vydra on? Management is easy.

I said a while back tried and trusted at this level, young, international, give him the ball he will score! I would have taken him after gale, 

i hope we get him as he is a goal scoring footballer if you know what I mean, I also think Martin would play him in rather a lot.

if we got him where does Wilson fit in? Or are we selling the likes of Ince? Blackman? Bent? ( I would still keep Russell) 

Anyone who buys players in this market is getting absolutely rinsed.

It's a sellers' market and we seem to be the only team unwilling to make the most of it. 

I'm sure we'll sell all our assets when the market crashes though, like we used to. #TheDerbyWay 

That being said, I think Vydra could do well alongside Martin. 

Archived