Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kennington Ram said:

Hmm.

I remember that season for Watford where he looked incredible, but then again last season he was a forgotten man. No bloody clue whether this is good or bad!

He played with Blackman last season who never passes and always shoots wildly,

Always thought of Vydra as a footballer as well as a goalscorer so I'm happy to see us looking at him and it's sensible after his poor loan spell last season. For once we wouldn't be looking at a player bang in form for whom the only way is down. He's young too, so the ability to recoup the fee down the line or make a profit.

I do still think that the English market has gone crazy and we should be able to get far better value overseas. We still made a profit on Albentosa and Camara is beginning to get a chance to prove himself.

This is exactly the type of signing many moan about when we're linked with an inform player that's worth double their value. This is a guy who struggled at Reading last season, low on form and available from his club - there's the value. And we know he has ability from his Watford days, not that long ago. Liking this move a lot!

He's clearly a talented player, but it's exactly the same as Wilson, I just don't see where he fits in the team.  He's scored plenty of goals for Watford, but he was playing off a big man in Deeney.  At the moment we have no one like that in the squad at all, we're just smashing long balls forward and losing it, and Vydra won't change that.  We're signing guys to finish off moves without any attempt at signing the type of guys to start the moves off in the first place.

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

He's clearly a talented player, but it's exactly the same as Wilson, I just don't see where he fits in the team.  He's scored plenty of goals for Watford, but he was playing off a big man in Deeney.  At the moment we have no one like that in the squad at all, we're just smashing long balls forward and losing it, and Vydra won't change that.  We're signing guys to finish off moves without any attempt at signing the type of guys to start the moves off in the first place.

Martin

it's being linked with high-profile players like this that do make me appreciate just how far we've come in a short space of time..

Vydra has shown his ability wasn't just a flash in the pan, having done it over two full seasons, so he's got the talent and should he recover any sort of that early form he could be a great purchase. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Martin

But Martin isn't a target man like Deeney - you can't punt a long ball up to his head an expect him to flick it on or hold it up and lay it off.  You need to get balls into Martin's feet to use him like that, and we just don't seem to have any real intention of doing that this season.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

But Martin isn't a target man like Deeney - you can't punt a long ball up to his head an expect him to flick it on or hold it up and lay it off.  You need to get balls into Martin's feet to use him like that, and we just don't seem to have any real intention of doing that this season.

Villa flicked it on for Ince, should've scored

His best part of his game is into feet and laying it off

Having someone running beyond Martin instead of Ince infront of him should help

#WelcomeMatej

Or is that a little premature?

I know one thing.. I'm sick of hearing "where does he fit in the team" and "does he fit our style".. If the players we have are pratically refusing to play another system or can't play another system... ship them out and find players who can and will. 

26 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Yes please and I would rather have him anyday over Wells. 

He's probably the "fair value" option that means Mel doesn't spunk all his money and keeps us within F.F.P.

Based on 2 good seasons he offers plenty and a bit more credible than some we have been linked with that have shone an handful of games.

Forget last year at Reading, nothing special as a team.

Yes please,

Archived