Andre Wisdom - Signed for Red Bull Salzburg

Day

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Who WUM started this topic? Mods, wake up! No proper link at all.

:whistle:

Tried to ban the wum and hide the post but couldn't do so, our security clearance isn't high enough so it has to be one off the admin, good luck getting them to do anything.

Wisdom's time here is distorted by the fact he was part of a revolution which turned us from boring nothingness to exciting playmakers. Had it been Christie on loan then, and Wisdom we signed, people would be begging for Christie to come back. As it is, Wisdom hasn't developed any since we had him. He should be in or around the England squad now if he was as good as the rose-tinted spec wearers here think. You want the time, not the player.

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Wisdom's time here is distorted by the fact he was part of a revolution which turned us from boring nothingness to exciting playmakers. Had it been Christie on loan then, and Wisdom we signed, people would be begging for Christie to come back. As it is, Wisdom hasn't developed any since we had him. He should be in or around the England squad now if he was as good as the rose-tinted spec wearers here think. You want the time, not the player.

None of that is true, or accurate. Wisdom was much more competent defensively that Christie has ever been. More powerful, and a smarter player. Christie is better st going forward, and that's about it. 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

None of that is true, or accurate. Wisdom was much more competent defensively that Christie has ever been. More powerful, and a smarter player. Christie is better st going forward, and that's about it. 

how many goals have we conceded as a result of Christie? Your 'opinion' is not a fact. But my statement that Wisdom was part of the upward curve at Derby County is. He is associated with the best football in a long time, but that doesn't make him one of the better footballers. Dawkins played better than Hughes during some of McClaren's games, does it make him better? Or was he just part of a good team, with feelgood factor and freedom to play. If Wisdom was here now, you'd all be treating him like you do Bradley Johnson.

5 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Andre clearly decided he needed someone to navigate as he finds it difficult to drive around these parts

He parks where he wants, he parks where he wants...

Probably took a wrong turn on the M1 heading up to Newcastle ;)

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

how many goals have we conceded as a result of Christie? Your 'opinion' is not a fact. But my statement that Wisdom was part of the upward curve at Derby County is. He is associated with the best football in a long time, but that doesn't make him one of the better footballers. Dawkins played better than Hughes during some of McClaren's games, does it make him better? Or was he just part of a good team, with feelgood factor and freedom to play. If Wisdom was here now, you'd all be treating him like you do Bradley Johnson.

The only part of your "statement" that was true was that he was part of a side on the up. None of the reasons I gave in my "statement" apply to that point. He earned plaudits for his performance because he, individually, was excellent for us in nearly every game. He offered everything you'd want from a right-back, other than the ability to go forward with the winger (a trait I'm not convinced is particularly pivotal to Pearson's style of play). 

Stop making it out that people only rate Wisdom because he was part of a wining side. It's rubbish. Absolute rubbish. He earned the praise of some many Derby fans by his own merit. Mind you, I suppose that's just your "opinion"...

I'd love to see Wisdom back as an alternative to Christie. I like Christie as an attacking and defensive player, but it would be nice to see a strong, slightly more defensive minded option. Especially with a more attacking minded option down the left as was Forsyth in the 13/14 season.

Archived