James Wilson

Cam the Ram

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I disagree. 

Not necessarily with Wilson but a quality DM right now would be ideal to cover until thorne is fit at xmas

We should be in the position of being able to cover, thought this was the plan since we got relegated?

I'd be worried if we were about to spend hard cash on a "maybe" but as a loan it strikes me as a good idea. I am certain he will be a better footballer than certain recent signings that had large fees and high wages.

i am a Bent fan but am coming to the conclusion that he is more likely to be an Impact sub for the last 15 minutes and therefore we need a striker, especially one with something to prove. 

Something is going on at Derby, something isn't quite right, it may just be me of course.

We are screaming out for wingers, if we are to play Pearsons new formation, we clearly need a striker, if we are to put the ball in the net from the towards, we need a right back as either cover or a starter and it's debatable on whether we need a centre back or no given how many we got rid of.

We have had "bids in for 4 players", for over a week now, so either a) the bids are too low, b) the person doing the transfer negotiations is out of his/her depth or c) we never really had 4 bids in for players.

There is obviously money at the club to be building new buildings at the academy and install new grass and floodlights, but where is the money to buy new players?

One theory, has Mel realised the key for success in the prem is heavy investment, the sort of heavy investment the man city's of the world receive. He seems to be spending on the infrastructure, improving the stadium, the academy etc.  Is Mel preparing the club ready to tout for big investment from abroad, the sort of investment that would propel us to the top end of the prem?

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Something is going on at Derby, something isn't quite right, it may just be me of course.

We are screaming out for wingers, if we are to play Pearsons new formation, we clearly need a striker, if we are to put the ball in the net from the towards, we need a right back as either cover or a starter and it's debatable on whether we need a centre back or no given how many we got rid of.

Do we know what Pearson's formation is?. Does Pearson know yet?.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We have had "bids in for 4 players", for over a week now, so either a) the bids are too low, b) the person doing the transfer negotiations is out of his/her depth or c) we never really had 4 bids in for players.

It's not exactly that busy for many clubs so far with transfers. My money is on option d): bids have gone in but clubs are waiting till we get closer to the window closing when they are hoping for a bidding war or we will panic and up our offers anyway. Selling clubs aren't going to be in a rush with nearly 2 weeks to go

£25-30m spent last season. No money for players?.

54 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

Not in the flesh but have been watching his performance's through Rams player for a long while and he seems quite a talent. Would like to see him get a chance rather then bring someone in on loan.

He does seem potent with a lot of energy levels from what I've seen on Rams player, though I don't think Rams player will show anything other than him bagging goals :lol:

Teddy Sheringham brought him in on loan at Stevenage cos he liked the look of him whilst scouting for another player. Unfortunately for Offrande Teddy was sacked either 2 or 3 weeks after and Stevenage then sent him back. But it is a big compliment from someone like Sheringham.

2 minutes ago, bornandbredram94 said:

He does seem potent with a lot of energy levels from what I've seen on Rams player, though I don't think Rams player will show anything other than him bagging goals :lol:

Teddy Sheringham brought him in on loan at Stevenage cos he liked the look of him whilst scouting for another player. Unfortunately for Offrande Teddy was sacked either 2 or 3 weeks after and Stevenage then sent him back. But it is a big compliment from someone like Sheringham.

Get him in the squad and save the money for a striker on a new DM

46 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If they go for the "4-1-4-1" from Preston (so Pearson doesn't have to admit he's gone to 4-3-3) then we can play any of our current batch of wingers...

48 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

a) Most likely but I suspect they work on a 'conversation' basis rather than the 'bid&reject' model that others seem to use

b) Sam Rush? 

c) Also possible but I think if Pearson says we have bids in we probably do

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

Should not be looking for loans IMHO

I'm never keen either but it worked for Smacca... Quality additions only though... And some with a view to permanent...

1 hour ago, seths-cap said:

Not in the flesh but have been watching his performance's through Rams player for a long while and he seems quite a talent. Would like to see him get a chance rather then bring someone in on loan.

Ive seen him a few times in the flesh mate and he looks nowhere near the level required to get anywhere near the first team.

He went on loan to Stevenage and just didnt cut it. 

Think he will end up the same way as Kwame Thomas & Callum Ball.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Ive seen him a few times in the flesh mate and he looks nowhere near the level required to get anywhere near the first team.

He went on loan to Stevenage and just didnt cut it. 

Think he will end up the same way as Kwame Thomas & Callum Ball.

Bit harsh when he played the first game and played quite well, then got injured, then before he was back the manager that signed him was sacked.

We need at least 3 top strikers to get out of this league. 

If we went with Martin, Bent and Zanzala we wouldnt make the top 6. 

Martin hasnt scored for 12 games.

Bent is past it and Zanzala is nowhere near good enough. 

Staggered that some people would happily chuck Zanzala in over signing a loan player who is country miles better. 

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Staggered that some people would happily chuck Zanzala in over signing a loan player who is country miles better. 

Not saying I'd prefer Zanzala over him, just brandishing him as rubbish and not cutting it in a poor situation is ridiculously harsh on the kid.

Yeah I've seen Zanzala a good bit and I do agree he's a bit off the 1st squad at the moment but he's much better at this stage than Thomas or Bennett were, in my opinion. I think he'll break through in a couple of years. 

Also I think bringing Wilson in on loan would be good business, but I'd like to see at least a good winger come in if not another striker. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah I've seen Zanzala a good bit and I do agree he's a bit off the 1st squad at the moment but he's much better at this stage than Thomas or Bennett were, in my opinion. I think he'll break through in a couple of years. 

Also I think bringing Wilson in on loan would be good business, but I'd like to see at least a good winger come in if not another striker. 

That's harsh, Bennett is only 3-4 months older than him :)

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Agree!

we need to bring in someone with the quality of Wells/Assombalonga though. Not Wilson. He was very patchy overall for Brighton, thus why they've not taken him back. 

Just now, rynny said:

That's harsh, Bennett is only 3-4 months older than him :)

Didn't mean at age, meant the amount of time in the u21/u23s

It's to Bennett's credit he was involved in that age group at a younger age, although we had a worse youth squad at that time. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Didn't mean at age, meant the amount of time in the u21/u23s

It's to Bennett's credit he was involved in that age group at a younger age, although we had a worse youth squad at that time. 

Bennett just keeps getting injured, even when he goes on loan. Got to feel he needs to start making strides at some point this year or he's in danger of washing out soon.

Archived