Chris Martin - Signed for Fulham

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know he can score 20+ goals. It took long enough to get one so why on earth would we sell him for less than £10m. In this market that's the very least. I think he does look for and looked more interested than Bent on tues tho that's how Bent plays. Still think we should be looking at players who can create chances. Maybe be ruthless and get rid of Russell, Blackman, Camara and get in wingers who can actually play the position. No thanks I'd rather keep him. A happy focused Chris Martin is better than any other option out there without paying stupid fees and wages. 

22 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

From what I have seen it's not just Martin that doesn't fit in with the 4-4-2, it's the whole team, we might as well just the whole squad and start again if that's the case..

Will Hughes looks rubbish in a 2 man midfield, shall we sell him too?

Thorne, Ince and Russell also don't fit a 4-4-2!

Agree with this totally mate!!

I just don't understand this desire to get rid of Martin. One of the best goals to games ratio in the division, our first prolific striker in God knows how long, a dedicated player and someone who has earned their right to prove themselves under a new manager. £6m is a total insult, I wouldn't sell him anyway but it's far too cheap for one of the best strikers in the league. I get that some people think he's lazy but his goals record speaks for itself, he fully deserves a crack at this new season and new formation. 

What type of message would it send to other players? It suggests you can be as good as you like but we'll still dump you off given the chance. He deserves until at least January. 

Only McCormack and Rhodes has scored more in the league than Martin over the past 3 seasons so if Martin was to be sold then its got to be a similar price than them 2.

Didnt we tell Swansea 10m for him last summer.

Really dont understand why fans would want rid, yes he may sulk and go to ground easily but he is a consistent scorer at this level and cost us nothing, a replacement will cost us alot

2 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Hypothetically if we sell Martin for £10m where on earth do we get a striker from who will score us 20 goals this season for the same money?

Particularly in such a short space of time before the window closes. Could be left with Bent, Blackman and Zanzala until January. 

3 minutes ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Assombalonga 

They paid 8, got a good goalscoring return out of him and looks back in form and you know, are kind of our biggest rivals and hate our guts. We'll need 20 million which would be ridiculous. 

I'm one of the few remaining Chris Martin Fan Club members from when he signed on loan from Norwich years ago.. that will not change. I'll be hugely disappointed if we sell and hope to god we have something lined up to replace him.. we've tried to replace him for the last two years and got absolutely no where. 

5 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Hypothetically if we sell Martin for £10m where on earth do we get a striker from who will score us 20 goals this season for the same money?

Wells, Kodjia, Rhodes???

Dont want to see Martin go but he isn't irreplaceable. 

Archived