Chris Martin - Signed for Fulham

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course, Martin may well be out of favour (we don't know) so our asking price would therefore be lower than a productive striker who's key to the club's plans.

That's probably Martin's value in a normal market but in this crazy market, I'd like at least 12 million. Maybe more if Kodjia is valued around the same. Wolves have a lot of money to splash around so you can add a few more million onto the 12 million that I'd like.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

If strikers like Kodjia and Wells are likely to cost nearer the £10 million mark, I'd want similar for Martin. 

It depends if NP sees him as part of his new look squad as I suspect he will let him go for less than other.

But with only 2 out and out quality strikers on the books I doubt we will let him go unless we have a replacement lined up.

25 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

If strikers like Kodjia and Wells are likely to cost nearer the £10 million mark, I'd want similar for Martin. 

Uh... what? If sides want £10 mil for the likes of Kodjia and Wells I'd be wanting north of £15 mil for Martin. 

I'd take £8.5m for Martin now

He doesn't look fit or interested. It's as though he has spit out his dummy because we aren't playing how he wants us to.

Pearson has made his mind up he is not his type of player and so it's time to move on. He is only keeping him around the first team to keep his value up. £10m is too much to hope for even in the current inflated market but £8-£8.5m will probably see him on his way.

Archived