Tom Ince

DCFC4LIFE

44 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Is Ince likely to improve into the player his dad thinks he is?

There are better options for the "number 10" , second striker or whatever they are called these days and we also have other left footed wide players .....i have seen precious little on a regular basis to think he can be anything more than he already is , therefore swapping him for a like for like, for someone who positionally knows the game better...would be my view.

Ince doesn't have to be the player his dad. We're not going to be a champions league tea, anytime soon. Paul Ince has nothing to do with this. And if we're swapping for a like die like what's the point. Ince and foristieri are incredibly similiar. With nite that they contributed to the same amount if goals last season with Ince 'having a poor season' and foristieri having a blinder.mif anything that should show Ince has room to improve, and improve greater than foristieri's. Neither team has anything to gain from a swap deal of foristieri for Ince apart from having a new player they need to bed in.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we sign Nihiu then the joke will firmly be on us.

Imagine going in for a rivals best player but end up signing the player all their fans hope they get rid of.

There's a slight chance that dude is not a Derby fan...

Pearson is playing Ince in what I believe is the position where he can do most damage.  What I don't understand is why Pearson is not playing Martin instead of Bent.  Ince needs to be coming onto balls that a player like Martin is able to provide.  We know that Martin needs players around him for him to play at his best and Ince should be the player to feed off Martin's lay offs. Bent can't hold up or lay off the ball nor can he take the ball with his back to goal, so how does this help Ince's role?  Pearson is obviously seeing things differently and probably doesn't rate Martin.  Shame really because Ince/Martin partnership should bring out the best in each other in the 4 4 1 1.  Anyway, back to the point of the thread - for me, I would prefer FF to Ince.  Although Ince can be devastating, he is so only rarely.  FF, on the evidence from TV only, seems to offer much more and his transfer value will imo be much higher.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we sign Nihiu then the joke will firmly be on us.

Imagine going in for a rivals best player but end up signing the player all their fans hope they get rid of.

Johnson and Baird for FF? 

Now that would confirm to me that Rush is using mind control as a negotiating tool. 

56 minutes ago, roosram said:

Pearson is playing Ince in what I believe is the position where he can do most damage.  What I don't understand is why Pearson is not playing Martin instead of Bent.  Ince needs to be coming onto balls that a player like Martin is able to provide.  We know that Martin needs players around him for him to play at his best and Ince should be the player to feed off Martin's lay offs. Bent can't hold up or lay off the ball nor can he take the ball with his back to goal, so how does this help Ince's role?  Pearson is obviously seeing things differently and probably doesn't rate Martin.  Shame really because Ince/Martin partnership should bring out the best in each other in the 4 4 1 1.  Anyway, back to the point of the thread - for me, I would prefer FF to Ince.  Although Ince can be devastating, he is so only rarely.  FF, on the evidence from TV only, seems to offer much more and his transfer value will imo be much higher.

I can see your point but I'd argue playing alongside Bent brings the best out of Ince. Bent stretches the game because theres always a risk he can get in behind and that leaves space for Ince between their defence and midfield. Ince wouldn't get that with Martin up top, but obviously Martin brings other strengths.

11 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Throw in B4 along with Bird and Blackmen to get Forestieri.

B4's not for sale - no fan exchange, not even for Tangoman.

why do people want Ince to leave so badly! just as good as FF in my opinion!

The opponent is always so scared playing against him and can guarantee any champ team would love him to play for them!

His goals and assists record for a wide player is brilliant! get off the kids back please 

Just now, JoeDerby said:

why do people want Ince to leave so badly! just as good as FF in my opinion!

The opponent is always so scared playing against him and can guarantee any champ team would love him to play for them!

His goals and assists record for a wide player is brilliant! get off the kids back please 

It's because Ince is English. If is name was Inceinho people would rave over him but since he's called good old Tom people don't rate him as highly. 

Archived