Nakhi Wells

Derbados

PistoldPete2

We need a striker whilst weimann is out injured. Not enough pace up front... Bent and martin don't offer any. Actually bent is quite fast but he's getting on a bit. 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

So i wander if something happening would wandering maybe offering bradly johnson plus cash.

Stop suggesting for every player we're linked with to offer a player plus cash. It's highly unlikely Huddersfield can match the wages Johnson is getting here.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

So i wander if something happening would wandering maybe offering bradly johnson plus cash.

Maybe we should offer them Johnson, Baird, keogh and Blackman as a straight swap deal.

clueless.

I personally think Wells would be a good signing. He fits the Wilson, Gray model, both have excelled at Championship winning sides in the past couple years without really being fancied.

I thought Andre Gray was overpriced last season purely because of the amount of chances he used to miss for Brentford. However in a better side with more chances, he was the leagues top scorer. Wells has had impressive goal scoring tallies at bottom half Huddersfield, I couldn't really see Bent or Martin getting 17 goals for them (that's not to say he's better than those 2 though). Providing we don't massively overpay I think it'd be worth a go.

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, DCFCArmy said:

Would be a great addition.

As for offering them Bradley Johnson, I say offer them half our whining fans, they get a few more fans in for their games which = more coin, they can then have the pleasure of them :lol:

Huddersfield shafted us over the butterfield fee but isn't wells in the last year of his contract? Dunno what the fee would be , but I would guess about £3 million? 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Huddersfield shafted us over the butterfield fee but isn't wells in the last year of his contract? Dunno what the fee would be , but I would guess about £3 million? 

Their fans want 8m+ heh, I'd say no more than 6m on this one, but hopefully the contract situation keeps it low. If we are up against Norwich though we could easily be out priced.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I personally think Wells would be a good signing. He fits the Wilson, Gray model, both have excelled at Championship winning sides in the past couple years without really being fancied.

I thought Andre Gray was overpriced last season purely because of the amount of chances he used to miss for Brentford. However in a better side with more chances, he was the leagues top scorer. Wells has had impressive goal scoring tallies at bottom half Huddersfield, I couldn't really see Bent or Martin getting 17 goals for them (that's not to say he's better than those 2 though). Providing we don't massively overpay I think it'd be worth a go.

Exactly.

I think it's a certainty that Nigel will want to buy a new attacking player and with or without Hendrick's fee i'm sure Mel will back him.

Alot of posters seem to think that we already have a good enough squad but some of the players have been at Derby for a while now and played a part in our failure's to get promoted. I think selling  a couple of players and signing some fresh blood will make a huge difference.

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Their fans want 8m+ heh, I'd say no more than 6m on this one, but hopefully the contract situation keeps it low. If we are up against Norwich though we could easily be out priced.

Not sure we would be out priced. Mel can match anyone in this division (bar maybe Newcastle) for transfer fees and wages, would come down to Wells preference of club (Chris Powell gives us the edge there)

Would love this signing, and would not be surprised to see a key departure (or 2/3) if and when a big signing happens 

1 minute ago, r4derby said:

Not sure we would be out priced. Mel can match anyone in this division (bar maybe Newcastle) for transfer fees and wages, would come down to Wells preference of club (Chris Powell gives us the edge there)

Would love this signing, and would not be surprised to see a key departure (or 2/3) if and when a big signing happens 

It isn't about how much Mel has though is it? They have parachute payments and therefore more to spend not just on fees but also on wages.

Just now, tomsdubs said:

It isn't about how much Mel has though is it? They have parachute payments and therefore more to spend not just on fees but also on wages.

Hence why I can see there being a fairly major outgoing in the pipeline, if a big transfer (like this could be) is coming in.

Do you think Bradley Johnson got a pay rise moving from Norwich to us last season?

13 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Exactly.

I think it's a certainty that Nigel will want to buy a new attacking player and with or without Hendrick's fee i'm sure Mel will back him.

Alot of posters seem to think that we already have a good enough squad but some of the players have been at Derby for a while now and played a part in our failure's to get promoted. I think selling  a couple of players and signing some fresh blood will make a huge difference.

we had fresh blood las season though and it made no difference.

I don't know how we are going to keep the squad happy with this addition - if it happens and I hope it does, as I think he's a fantastic player. But, I really hope we do get rid of 2-3 players from the MID/FWD line for the sake of balance and I don't even care if my favourite players leave as long as we get a balanced side out there that preforms and wins. 

3 minutes ago, Eastdevonram said:

we had fresh blood las season though and it made no difference.

Johnson and Butterfield were signed to cover Hughes and Bryson being injured, Blackman was a strange signing IMO as he didn't go straight into the team.

In a nutshell, Nigel will sign a couple of key players and mould the team to play his way, last season seemed like a case of signing players without much thought to the 'Derby way'.

Archived