Nakhi Wells

Derbados

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

First of all this is completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Why the hostility all the time curtains? We're all Derby aren't we? You always seem to think people gang up on you on these forums but is it any wonder when you speak to people like that?

Secondly, care to put any substance to these claims? Quite rightly it is the order of the day in this thread. Let's be civil.

If you don't want to discuss these topics in a civil manner, maybe you ought to "rest your case" and keep it shut.

Like you did to me about Keogh.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

I never said we were signing just fact saying same thing as me we need new players in just freash things up a bit so get your facts stright.

I think we need a few additions as well, but I don't think another centre forward is necessary, and almost certainly not Nakhi Wells as I can't see what he would add that we don't already have.

Just now, curtains said:

You said I was being horrible about Keogh thinking he was the bees knees at Derby and that's why Clement didn't want him as Captain. 

Because you completely fabricated a malicious lie about another human being with absolutely no consideration as to what that might do to the reputation of the football club we both love.

That was a while ago now, but I'm glad you brought that up because it just adds more weight to my belief that you're a nasty piece of work. I don't know you, so I can't know for sure. I can't decide whether you just don't engage your brain before you reach for the keyboard or whether you really are just awful.

Starting to get personal and the moderators are going to jump on this like a west stander on Nick Blackman any moment so I'm just going to put you on ignore and be done with it before it escalates any further.

23 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I said no further questions! :lol:

I mean I don't think he's as good as he's made out to be. Impressive goal tally last season and a half decent one the year before, no doubt he's got talent and is one of the better strikers in the division. Just don't think he's Premier League quality, and we'd have to pay big money to sign him. If we're aiming to go up this year, it's a big price to pay for someone who I don't think will cut it next season (although I'm under no illusions, promotion isn't guaranteed).

Care to put any substance behind your claim that we need another centre forward?

Fair enough, depending on what price it would take to get him, obviously determines the size of the gamble. But if he scores enough goals to get us promoted, that alone pays for his fee.

of course, I think you should have 4 centre forwards in your squad. We have Martin & Bent. You can say we have Blackman & Wiemann, I'm not including Russell as he's played a wide role for so long. If Wiemann & Blackman are going to take up wide roles in a midfield 4 I would want us to be able to make a change at centre forward without juggling the while team around to put say Blackman up front. 

So another person as direct competition to Martin and Bent, especially in case of an injury, as I understand it there's no more emergency loans this season. That's what I would do, but im sure Pearson has his own ideas and we will see what they are.

29 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

What is the point of having 3 CFs if only one plays, only way this would make sence is if Bent or CM leave.

Or we play 442 with the diamond midfield that was tried during pre season, and maybe Pearson doesn't think Martin and Bent play well together so is looking for another option? Which I think is very likely, whether that option is Wells or not I don't know.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Fair enough, depending on what price it would take to get him, obviously determines the size of the gamble. But if he scores enough goals to get us promoted, that alone pays for his fee.

of course, I think you should have 4 centre forwards in your squad. We have Martin & Bent. You can say we have Blackman & Wiemann, I'm not including Russell as he's played a wide role for so long. If Wiemann & Blackman are going to take up wide roles in a midfield 4 I would want us to be able to make a change at centre forward without juggling the while team around to put say Blackman up front. 

So another person as direct competition to Martin and Bent, especially in case of an injury, as I understand it there's no more emergency loans this season. That's what I would do, but im sure Pearson has his own ideas and we will see what they are.

If we played a flat 4-4-2, I'd be with you that we need 4 centre forwards as well as 4 wide players. 2 for each spot makes sense. But we don't seem to be doing that. Pearson at this early stage seems to be favouring a 4-4-1-1 with Ince behind Bent or Martin. So for each position I make it.

Wingers: Blackman, Weimann, Camara, Johnson

Attacking midfield: Ince, Russell

Strikers: Martin, Bent

Not to mention that in a crisis, you've got Bryson, Hughes, Hendrick, Butterfield and Thorne fighting over two spots, so there's plenty room to put Bryson or Hendrick (or perhaps even Hughes?) in attacking midfield to assist the frontline striker.

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

If we played a flat 4-4-2, I'd be with you that we need 4 centre forwards as well as 4 wide players. 2 for each spot makes sense. But we don't seem to be doing that. Pearson at this early stage seems to be favouring a 4-4-1-1 with Ince behind Bent or Martin. So for each position I make it.

Wingers: Blackman, Weimann, Camara, Johnson

Attacking midfield: Ince, Russell

Strikers: Martin, Bent

Not to mention that in a crisis, you've got Bryson, Hughes, Hendrick, Butterfield and Thorne fighting over two spots, so there's plenty room to put Bryson or Hendrick (or perhaps even Hughes?) in attacking midfield to assist the frontline striker.

Yeah, if there is any substance in this (which we haven't seen yet) I think it could be a move towards a flat 442. As I states in a previous post, perhaps Pearson isn't happy with what he has at the moment for that formation. Of course I am just guessing this.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, if there is any substance in this (which we haven't seen yet) I think it could be a move towards a flat 442. As I states in a previous post, perhaps Pearson isn't happy with what he has at the moment for that formation. Of course I am just guessing this.

That's the problem with 'fantasy transfers', it's always based on what our ideas are for the team, but what really matters is what Pearson wants to do. And we have no idea what that is. We just have to trust he's got a plan and he's seeing it through.

And for the record here, if we signed him, I'd absolutely support him 100%. My personal opinion is just that there's better places that money could go. But like you, it's based on guesswork! That's what transfer windows are like I suppose

Archived