Nakhi Wells

Derbados

A few "ITK" Huddersfield fan acquaintances of mine seem to be pretty adament that we have made a bid for Nakhi Wells. Pearson alluded yesterday that offers were in for players, kind of player I'd expect a bid for tbh.

could be utter tosh, don't shoot the messenger. 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Derbados said:

A few "ITK" Huddersfield fan acquaintances of mine seem to be pretty adament that we have made a bid for Nakhi Wells. Pearson alluded yesterday that offers were in for players, kind of player I'd expect a bid for tbh.

could be utter tosh, don't shoot the messenger. 

I'd have him at Derby every day of the week. 

Just what we need up front. 

Snap him up. 

And as I'm sure most will remember from last year, their chairman had a Q&A and told fans Butterfield wouldn't be leaving only for him to join us a few weeks later. He had another Q&A yesterday and was asked about Wells. He didn't even say he's not for sale, just said it would take a large bid.

When would he play? Please tell me. Is Ince or Bent getting the chop, because whichever it is, Chris Martin is still waiting in the wings and it may not be long before Zanzala is staking his claim if he continues to improve at the rate he is. Plus Russell and Weimann both have a bit of pace about them and didn't start yesterday. Not to mention the much forgotten Abdoul Camara, who admittedly may be more of a wide man in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1, although it's clear to me that Blackman is not a winger so perhaps we should consider the deep well of talent we already have before buying the most overrated striker in this league.

No further questions. I can't take this nonsense.

32 minutes ago, Tombo said:

When would he play? Please tell me. Is Ince or Bent getting the chop, because whichever it is, Chris Martin is still waiting in the wings and it may not be long before Zanzala is staking his claim if he continues to improve at the rate he is. Plus Russell and Weimann both have a bit of pace about them and didn't start yesterday. Not to mention the much forgotten Abdoul Camara, who admittedly may be more of a wide man in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1, although it's clear to me that Blackman is not a winger so perhaps we should consider the deep well of talent we already have before buying the most overrated striker in this league.

No further questions. I can't take this nonsense.

Care to put any substance behind your claim he's the most over rated striker in the division?

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Care to put any substance behind your claim he's the most over rated striker in the division?

I said no further questions! :lol:

I mean I don't think he's as good as he's made out to be. Impressive goal tally last season and a half decent one the year before, no doubt he's got talent and is one of the better strikers in the division. Just don't think he's Premier League quality, and we'd have to pay big money to sign him. If we're aiming to go up this year, it's a big price to pay for someone who I don't think will cut it next season (although I'm under no illusions, promotion isn't guaranteed).

Care to put any substance behind your claim that we need another centre forward?

9 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I said no further questions! :lol:

I mean I don't think he's as good as he's made out to be. Impressive goal tally last season and a half decent one the year before, no doubt he's got talent and is one of the better strikers in the division. Just don't think he's Premier League quality, and we'd have to pay big money to sign him. If we're aiming to go up this year, it's a big price to pay for someone who I don't think will cut it next season (although I'm under no illusions, promotion isn't guaranteed).

Care to put any substance behind your claim that we need another centre forward?

You really don't know anything do you. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

You know nothing about football .

I rest my case. 

Just now, curtains said:

You really don't know anything do you. 

First of all this is completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Why the hostility all the time curtains? We're all Derby aren't we? You always seem to think people gang up on you on these forums but is it any wonder when you speak to people like that?

Secondly, care to put any substance to these claims? Quite rightly it is the order of the day in this thread. Let's be civil.

If you don't want to discuss these topics in a civil manner, maybe you ought to "rest your case" and keep it shut.

Archived