Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

Thread for chatting about live games we're watching, of course.

Starting off with Fulham v Newcastle tonight. Looking forward to it. Hopefully it's an improvement on Brighton v Forest last season.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those interested:

Inter vs Spurs on ITV 4 now

Viking vs Arsenal 7:30pm ITV

Fulham vs Newcastle 7:45pm SS1

Tomorrow:

Maidstone vs York 12:15pm BT Sport 1

Rangers vs. Hamilton 12:30pm SS1

Liverpool vs Barcelona 5:15pm SS1

Sunday:

QPR vs Leeds 12pm SS1

St Johnstone v Aberdeen 12:15pm BT Sport 1

West Ham v Juventus 1pm BT Sport 2

Hearts v Celtic 2:15pm SS1

Leicester v Man Utd 4pm BT Sport 2

Wednesday v Villa 4:30pm SS1

Arsenal v City 6pm ITV

All domestic games this weekend.

I don't know why I'm bothering being annoyed by Newcastle, I know they'll end up going up.

But some of their fans need a reality check. Their owner needs a reality check. Some of their players need a reality check. 

The ideal reality check would be if they didn't go up. Better teams than them have stayed down. 

But won't happen imo unfortunately. 

Hope Fulham can hold onto this. Us and the rest of the league need to keep in touch with Newcastle, if they gain a lead of at least 5 points over the other teams they will run away. However, if it's tight they will hopefully feel the pressure and doubt themselves

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Hope Fulham can hold onto this. Us and the rest of the league need to keep in touch with Newcastle, if they gain a lead of at least 5 points over the other teams they will run away. However, if it's tight they will hopefully feel the pressure and doubt themselves

Early days yet. 

It would be funny if they bombed and did a Wigan, everyone expected much much more from Wigan a couple of seasons ago and they slumped into a hole and never recovered.. if they lose tonight though... Ashley will just go out and spend another 40m. 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Would be nice ! This league will be so competitive this year , brilliant for the neutral ! For us not so much .

Tbf to McClaren before the match, to me it sounded like he wants us to go up and predicted us to go up automatically. He didn't sound bitter to me. He praised the Derby players saying he knows they're good enough as he saw their quality working with them day in day out, it's just getting over the final hurdle and having the experience which Pearson will provide. His issue is with quite clearly with Mel, not the players, I got the feeling he genuinely wants us to go up . He probably still feels that this is his team  if you know what I mean and wants his players to do well.

Archived