Car Parking Next Week

Sith Happens

Cheers all for the suggestions. Obviously the earlier you get there the better your chances I guess so for example, could I rock up at say, the Travelodge at 1pm and get a spot easily? How long also does it take to get out of there too? So many questions. :whistle: 

The Toys R Us store nearby, is that open during matchdays anyone know? If it takes an hour to get out of the Travelodge I could have a wander around there with my kid until it dies down a bit. Pass some time. Not quite the blokey boozing session I had in mind for a matchday but hey, as the great Alan Partridge once said...........you can't mess about when it comes to your own kids. :lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been parking at DW for the last 3-4 years but now that's limited to 90mins I'll be looking elsewhere. Was thinking the Fireplace car park, do we know if this has definitely shut?!? Been a ST holder for many a year and always manage to avoid paying, looks like I might have to put my hand in my pocket from now on!! ?

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Cheers all for the suggestions. Obviously the earlier you get there the better your chances I guess so for example, could I rock up at say, the Travelodge at 1pm and get a spot easily? How long also does it take to get out of there too? So many questions. :whistle: 

The Toys R Us store nearby, is that open during matchdays anyone know? If it takes an hour to get out of the Travelodge I could have a wander around there with my kid until it dies down a bit. Pass some time. Not quite the blokey boozing session I had in mind for a matchday but hey, as the great Alan Partridge once said...........you can't mess about when it comes to your own kids. 

There is some free parking behind the Brunswick, then you can have a decent jar or two before the game.

1 hour ago, sage said:

There is some free parking behind the Brunswick, then you can have a decent jar or two before the game.

We're is it free to park near the Brunswick? I go in that car park behind the back of antibos and pay about  £2 ! Didn't know you could get it for free ! 

10 hours ago, eddie said:

Alternatively, there is a Travelodge about 100 yards from the ground which charges a fiver (may have gone up, of course) - and if you park there, you just might see the legendary me trying to ignore the hoi polloi and having a bottle of Hobgoblin.

When I was going to stay there last season it was £8 for parking, and that was for people staying at the hotel on match days.

1 minute ago, swansea ram said:

When I was going to stay there last season it was £8 for parking, and that was for people staying at the hotel on match days.

Residents paid £3. They got the rest back  off their bill

11 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Just to add to Paul71's question about parking with a question of my own. I don't know the area around the iPro at all and the Brighton game will be only my second home match ever so i'm looking for a bit of advice from you guys if possible although it sounds like parking is at a premium and I doubt i'll get any. ;):lol:

If I drive around the iPro at say 1pm on a Saturday game will I be able to get parked somewhere does anyone know? Appreciate greatly any advice given as more often than not i'll have the young bairn with me too.

If you drive around the iPro as early as 1pm there are loads of places to park for around £5 - 6. There's also a large pay and display next to the Roundhouse (back end of the station, turn off at the Harvester roundabout and follow the road round).

Alternatively if you park off Pride Park at the top end (Wilmorton) you can prob find a street space, but it's a 10-15 min walk depending on how fit you are!!

At 1pm you won't have any trouble at all finding somewhere. 

11 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

The Toys R Us store nearby, is that open during matchdays anyone know? If it takes an hour to get out of the Travelodge I could have a wander around there with my kid until it dies down a bit. Pass some time. Not quite the blokey boozing session I had in mind for a matchday but hey, as the great Alan Partridge once said...........you can't mess about when it comes to your own kids. :lol:

Just past the wyvern where toys r us is (if you're heading onto the a52 towards Nottingham ) there is a business park which is completely free to park in as all the businesses are closed. About 10-15 min walk to the ground and toys r us is on your walk, so a Win win for you and your kid! Usually pretty easy to find a space as it's such a big place. 

Park over the A52 in Chadd, loads of on street Parking at that time and a simple 10-15 minute walk to the ground.

Use the bridge at the back of Costco though, unless you enjoy the thrill of unnecessary bodily contact with strangers, in which case you want the bridge near Toys r us.

Travel up from Leicester each home game, used the DW a lot but was planning on using the fireplace store, can anyone confirm if this has now packed up?! Would be surprised as its been three years and must make a few quid on match days. 

I park at the Bamfords auction house just off the pentagon roundabout past the old cattle market. It was £5 and it's about 15 min walk. It can be a bit of a pain to get it though. 

There is some free parking on the offices just off the pentagon roundabout near the Aston Martin garage.

Next weekend though i am parking in the ground due to a recent knee op.

Archived