Derby County v Brighton

Jimbo Ram

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Reasons why I believe it's bad:

• Ince as a lone striker
  • Hendrick on the right
  • Baird ahead of our POTY Keogh
  • Johnson on the left ahead of Russell
  • Elsnik playing in a midfield 2 when he's played mostly as a #10 or striker throughout his career
  • Dropping our best striker of the past decade+
  • Playing a team of centre midfielders basically, would have basically no width

I like my team .

Carson 

Christie.       Baird.      Shackell.     Olsson 

Hendrick   Elsnik   Butterfield    Johnson                           

Hughes 

Ince.      

Elsnik is playing in an interchanging  4 

Hughes is behind the striker in the hole 

Ince is a roaming CF .

Baird played well at Chesterfield and I don't rate Keogh or Martin 

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

I like my team .

Carson 

Hughes 

Ince.      

Ince is a roaming CF .

So you would start Baird because he played decent against a poor League 1 team in Chesterfield, but wouldn't play Martin or Keogh who have been our top scorer for the past 3 years and POTY respectively? 

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

So you would start Baird because he played decent against a poor League 1 team in Chesterfield, but wouldn't play Martin or Keogh who have been our top scorer for the past 3 years and POTY respectively? 

I want them sold and replaced  with the fees we get sorry if that upsets you. 

Thats my opinion and if it goes against the grain I'm sorry. 

Pearson won't listen to me .

41 minutes ago, curtains said:

Neither will anyone. 

41 minutes ago, curtains said:

I like my team .

Carson 

Hughes 

Ince.      

Ince is a roaming CF .

It is often said that there is a fine line between genius and madness, unfortunately, curtains you have took a walk in the wrong direction and are so far away from the line it is just a dot to you.

51 minutes ago, curtains said:

No bugger else does either (except @Srg), but fair play for trying.

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Lol Curtains you don't need to keep posting your team

Mate I'll have to change my team as Butterfield isn't going to Germany .

He has a thigh injury. 

Might not make the  Brighton and Hove Albion game  

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-jacob-butterfield-to-miss-rams-final-friendly-against-karlsruher-with-video/story-29565675-detail/story.html

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

Mate I'll have to change my team as Butterfield isn't going to Germany .

He has a thigh injury. 

Might not make the  Brighton and Hove Albion game  

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-jacob-butterfield-to-miss-rams-final-friendly-against-karlsruher-with-video/story-29565675-detail/story.html

Okay matey. Do you know if Camara flew out to Germany with the rest of the squad? I can't see him in any of the photos

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Okay matey. Do you know if Camara flew out to Germany with the rest of the squad? I can't see him in any of the photos

I think he was injured or at least he was last week. 

I have no idea how he is now or if he travelled to Germany. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Carson

Christie  Keogh  Shackell  Forsyth

Bryson  Hughes

Ince                                 Russell

Weimann

Bent

Any complacency that Martin and Johnson may have or may not have had, has surely evaporated. Pearson will pick a team that he thinks will not lose against Brighton and has a chance of beating them 1 - 0. I am expecting some fairly dour but effective football in the first ten games.

Carson

Christie  Keogh  Shackell  Fozzy

Hendrick

Ince                                Johnson

Hughes

Martin           Blackman (let's give him a chance) 

Injury problems at Brighton.......

Chris Hughton's hopes of using Lazio’s visit today as a full-scale dress rehearsal for Albion’s Championship opener at Derby County six days later have been hampered by further injury niggles.

That was the initial intention for the showpiece friendly against the Italians following Tuesday’s 4-0 win at Oxford United.

Dale Stephens and Liam Rosenior, who both went off nursing knocks at the Kassam Stadium, took part in an in-house match on a shortened pitch during a training session open to supporters at the Amex on Friday.

Burnley transfer target Stephens, his left knee strapped, cannot play at Derby as he completes a three-match suspension for his red card in the promotion decider at Middlesbrough at the end of last season.

Steve Sidwell, his probable replacement at the iPro Stadium, worked on the sidelines with the physios on a minor knee issue which has ruled him out of the recent warm-up matches.

Hughton will be without long-term victims Uwe Huenemeier (groin) and Solly March (knee), although both are making good progress.

Connor Goldson is also likely to miss the big kick-off. Knee damage sustained on the pre-season training camp in Tenerife has ruled him out of every friendly.

He is not alone. Back-up midfielder Richie Towell’s bid to make an impact during the warm-up programme has again been ruined by a knee problem, caused by the Irishman’s desire to be in top shape when the players reported back.

Hughton said: “Connor is not so far away. He will miss out on Sunday. We’re pushing him as hard as we can.

“Steve didn’t train. He will be touch and go (for Lazio) but that’s certainly not one that’s an issue.

“Solly and Uwe are going to take a little bit longer, and Richie Towell. Unfortunately for him he started pre-season very well and it’s a little bit of a precaution.

“He’s felt his knee a little bit, so we’ve taken him down a peg or two. Hopefully he’ll be back soon.”

A further concern surrounds first choice goalkeeper David Stockdale. Plagued for most of pre-season by an infected toe, he was eventually forced to withdraw from the open training session with a sore hip.

Overall, of the 24 players given squad numbers, six have injuries of varying degrees.

Only 16 outfield players are injury-free, a figure which includes fringe trio Rohan Ince, Danny Holla and Elvis Manu.

Hughton, not surprisingly in the circumstances, has embraced the development squad’s participation in the controversial revamp of the Football League Trophy.

With the abolition of the emergency loan system, the onus is now greater than ever before for under-23s in the care of Simon Rusk to be capable of stepping up to senior duty if required.

http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/14652140.Injury_niggles_could_hinder_plans_for_an_Albion_dress_rehearsal/

Is this the official match thread? Might as well be but we probably need some sort of indication in titles or at least pinning for the new season.

I'm concerned Hughes didn't start against the Germans and might havve been played out of position in pre-season. Bent has scored three in three so has to start with the shirt. We're surely going to play 4-4-1-1. On the Brighton board they're expecting a draw or a narrow Rams' win. We've some tough opening games and it's oh so important to capitalize on home advantage in the games against our promotion rivals (of whom Brighton will be one). I'm not saying I agree with it but I suspect the starting 11 is going to be:

Carson

Christie     Keogh     Shackell     Forsyth

Blackman   Hendrick     Johnson     Hughes

Ince

Bent

Subs: Grant Pearce Baird Bryson Weimann Martin Russell

Guessing Butterfield and Olsson will be deemed unfit for this one. Despite moving several on we've still a massive squad. I still expect Hendrick to be sold before the end of the window, but if Pearson wants to have any chance of keeping him then he has no choice but to start him. Blackman played 90 minutes in the last friendly so I think he has the nod. We would have an embarrassment of midfield riches on the bench or not even making the bench.

Archived