Derby County v Brighton

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this what we believe the line-up will be, or what we hope the line-up will be? 

If it's the latter, I'm amazed hardly anyone has opted for 4-3-3 when that clearly suits our players best.

Carson, Forsyth, Shackell, Keogh, Christie, Bryson, Butterfield, Hughes, Russell, Ince, Martin - 4-3-3

Now, if we're going to go with what I believe Pearson will play - probably a 4-4-1-1 - then Carson, Forsyth, Shackell, Keogh, Christie, Bryson, Hughes, Russell, Weimann, Ince, Martin

I really don't think we have a team best suited to 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2. We have no proper wingers. Weimann, Ince, Russell and Blackman can play as inside forwards, but not wingers alongside central midfielders.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Hughes Hendrick 

Russell Ince Weimann

Martin

2 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Carson

Hughes Hendrick 

Russell Ince Weimann

Martin

Carson christie Keogh shackell forsyth hughes Hendrick bryson weimann martin ince subs grant Olson Pearce  butterfield rusell Blackman bent no Johnson on the bench unless he's shown Pearson more than he showed last year. 

Next to no chance we will be using 4-3-3 for this game. I'd be very,very surprised if we did because we have used a 2 up front formation in every pre season game(all be it one striker dropping a bit deeper). Chrissy Powell also said that you want Ince where he will scare the opposition which is in the hole where he can scare players and make things happen.

Carson

Keogh.               Shackell

Baird

Christie.                                           Forsyth

Hughes.    Butterfield

Ince

Bent          Martin

21 hours ago, Ramos said:

Based on limited reports and having been to the chesterfield game i'd probably go with

Carson

Christie               Keogh                      Shackell                   Forsyth

Hughes                    Hendrick 

Russell                                                                                 Weimann

Ince 

Bent        

I thought Bent and Weimann looked sharp and up for it against Chesterfield. Forsyth for me offers more in defence and attack than olsson, not that i think olsson isn't a good player, just fozzy played a couple of balls into the box against Chesterfield that reminded me just how good he can be.  

Hendrick has played a couple of top through balls during his two games, and looks in good shape. I think the rest of the team picks itself really, Carson, Christie, Keogh, ShackelI, Hughes, Ince and Russell.   

It sounds like Johnson, Butterfield, Martin etc are going to have to show a lot more to get into the team, but it's very early days. Blackman could be in that 11 instead of Russell or Weimann as it sounds like he has been promising.

I just can't wait for a week on saturday who ever is in the starting 11.                                                               

I went to Walsall and Chesterfield and would go with this team apart from Blackman instead of Russell. 

With Martin chomping at the bit to get on and score the winner. He does like playing against Brighton! 

36 minutes ago, angieram said:

I went to Walsall and Chesterfield and would go with this team apart from Blackman instead of Russell. 

With Martin chomping at the bit to get on and score the winner. He does like playing against Brighton! 

Ur not alone but I will be very surprised if Bryson does not start against Brighton , quite simply he offers more to the team than Hendrick , 

Carson

christie.  Keogh. Shackell.  Olson

russell. Hendrick. Hughes  Forsyth

.                        Ince 

.                        Bent

bent has scored a couple pre season son deserves it. He and ince play well together as the Bristol city game showed. Forsyth is the the best attacking left sided player we have and is good at defending corners. I think we need a good right mid to suit this system or maybe replace Christie with Hanson at rb and try Christie rm. again one of our most productive right sided players 

Carson

Ince  Hughes   Butterfield    Bryson   Russell 

Martin

One of Hughes Bryson or butterfield getting tight to Martin all the time. Get players in and around Martin and we will look good and score goals, I would personally keep Ince out wide, we have too many good central players and not many wingers, why would we bring our best winger into the middle to check a quality central player out?

15 hours ago, valleyram said:

Ur not alone but I will be very surprised if Bryson does not start against Brighton , quite simply he offers more to the team than Hendrick , 

Not this again. Bryson good yes, better than Hendrick. No

Carson

Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth

Ince, Hendrick, Hughes, Johnson

Bent Martin

mumblemumble

The team I think Pearson will go with:

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Ollson

Hendrick Bryson Hughes Johnson

Ince

Martin

The team I'd go for:

Carson

Hendrick

Ince Bryson Hughes Russell

Martin

10 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Why did you let Greer go?

Because his legs have gone, injury prone and 35 going on 36 this year. 22 yr Conner Goldsone who we bought from Shrewsbury last summer has cemented his place as our no1 CB alongside Dunk but he's picked up an injury in pre season.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hendrick was on the bench for this after a shorter pre season.

Also wonder if Bent might get the nod if we go 2 up top, definitely think there may be a couple of surprises! Then watch the moaning and bpo reactions if we don't win.

Archived