Chris Baird

Srg

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Of course, Pearson may be praising him up in case anyone wants to take him off our hands!

Maybe he wants to keep experienced pros in and around the squad.

he signed Chris Powell and super kev in their twilight years.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has no place in our midfield anymore. Christie is a better RB. Gives us more. In a few big games he will play instead of Christie where our objective is to not lose. But no matter how highly Pearson may regard him, he won't start more than 12 matches, barring serious injuries. Know how is what it is. Doesn't mean he's going to be a starter now. Far more likely that Nigel wants him to help mentor and coach our other defenders. In particular Rawson and Lowe. 

Experienced pros seem to have been an important component of Pearson's management style. Phillips and Cambiasso were obvious examples from his last stint at Leicester. Would explain why he wants to keep Baird around and perhaps why Bent has got more game time as well.

Amuses me how some people seem to know what formation Pearson is going to favour, which players he's going to rely on etc etc without, I'm certain, never having discussed these issues with him!

They haven't a clue, no more than I have but the way they post it's almost as though they're stating things as fact! Speculate by all means but stop trying to convince others that you really know what the manager's going to do.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Amuses me how some people seem to know what formation Pearson is going to favour, which players he's going to rely on etc etc without, I'm certain, never having discussed these issues with him!

They haven't a clue, no more than I have but the way they post it's almost as though they're stating things as fact! Speculate by all means but stop trying to convince others that you really know what the manager's going to do.

We've played 4-4-1-1 three times over 3 pre-season games. 

Would be pretty surprising if we started the season playing someone different, no?

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

We've played 4-4-1-1 three times over 3 pre-season games. 

Would be pretty surprising if we started the season playing someone different, no?

That's an opinion which may well prove to be correct and that's fine because you're not putting it out as fact

4 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

You come across as quite a sensible poster, and this is further enhanced by your podcast appearances. However, I don't see why you can't just give Baird a fresh start and get off his back. Yes, he didn't play brilliantly last season, but he by no means played badly, and his lack of desire to push forward could be attributed to the negative system that Clement employed. I wouldn't want him as a starting right back because I like Christie but I would be perfectly happy to have him as a squad player who could come in and cover four different positions. We can't judge players off the back off a small number of games; whatever happened to that John "Useless" fellow?

The problem Derby often have is getting the ball forward quickly enough, we are too slow in the build up. Having Baird in the team would only make that problem worse. I have nothing against Baird but hope we do release him and free more resources to get more quality in....

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I've no problem with keeping experienced guys around the place provided their expectations of game time are realistic. In my opinion Baird is no Eustace on the pitch but his years of experience may be of use to Pearson behind the scenes.

That's the way I see it. If needed can cover few places too, which may prove to be handy as emergency loans are not allowed. And after all, Pearson praised his knowhow, not playing skills.

Just so you know, it's ok to dislike some people/players. That's life. I don't think it's in the fan handbook that you have to think every player that puts on your teams shirt is amazing. 

I'm not a Baird fan, I don't like players who show dissent. He did that to the fans, Shackell did it to the manager and I also now don't care for him that much. Not on his playing ability, but because he flounced off like a child. 

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I wish we kepted buxton got rid of baird he offers sodd all.

you need to let it go pal, he plays for us, and he wont do well without the supporters behind him. the whole squad has been given a clean slate from the management. the supporters should be thinking along the same lines

Archived