who is going chesterfied

B4ev6is

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, chezzyram said:

From talking to fans and season ticket holders who I work with it seems to be a combination of things making them disillusioned with the way the club is being run and a lack of direction and investment on and off the pitch. There has been the raffle ticket fiasco, Ched Evans signing splitting opinion and sponsors pulling out, an award winning groundsman sacked and ground maintenance contracted out, non-league signings, high ticket prices etc. Chairman and CEO seem pretty unpopular with supporters judging by their messageboards

They took a good following to Matlock, attendance was around 1200 I believe, but not many are going to the Proact. It is a shame because if not many go tonight the people who miss out most are Shane Nicholson or any charities that may benefit.

Not to mention the Ernie Moss fundraising match debacle the other month. I too know many CFC fans due to living in the town and they say that it's simply one embarrassing / ridiculous "you couldn't make it up" escapade after another, each one of Basil Fawlty-esque proportions and some have just had enough. Nobody trusts those who run the club and seriously question their integrity and won't put another penny the way of Chris Turner et al until they've buggered off. Hopefully when such a scenario happens, they hope there will still be some semblance of a club left to salvage.

In a big nutshell.

Just out of interest Chezzyram, which area of Chez you in? I'm in Spital/Hasland

Archived