Zanzala

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Highgate said:

Any chance we will see Elsnik this season?  I've heard very encouraging things. You seem to be the person to ask regarding Youth Team development!

Mate I'm driving the hype train for Elsnik!

But in considered thought, I don't think anyone is actually all that close to our first team. If injuries occur defensively then Rawson, Lowe would probably get used for cover as oppose to another first teamer being played out of position but I can't say with any confidence that another outfield youngster is in that position.

The club seems to want to give Elsnik a lot of opportunity (I take all the credit for this, what with my hyping), so I wouldn't be shocked if he's on the occasional bench in the cups or some league games (although league games would req. some injuries or lack of form of those above him, still), and do something exciting when he gets the chance and who knows? 

As @Gypsy Ram's frustrations suggest, there aren't many all that close to the first team - if we ended up in a position where we were using them we would be weaker for it, but sometimes youth can surprise you when they get their chance.

There are a few others I haven't mentioned who could foreseeably see gametime if we had multiple injuries in a position, including Zanzala.

next time we have an injury what ever the position the academy should be the first port of call for cover. Really don't want to see us bringing in new players to cover for a few games, that should only be a last resort. Only time that should happen is if the injury is long term and we don't have an suitable, all be it inexperienced replacement waiting in the academy. Only way you get know if they are good enough is with minutes on the pitch.

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Mate I'm driving the hype train for Elsnik!

But in considered thought, I don't think anyone is actually all that close to our first team. If injuries occur defensively then Rawson, Lowe would probably get used for cover as oppose to another first teamer being played out of position but I can't say with any confidence that another outfield youngster is in that position.

The club seems to want to give Elsnik a lot of opportunity (I take all the credit for this, what with my hyping), so I wouldn't be shocked if he's on the occasional bench in the cups or some league games (although league games would req. some injuries or lack of form of those above him, still), and do something exciting when he gets the chance and who knows? 

As @Gypsy Ram's frustrations suggest, there aren't many all that close to the first team - if we ended up in a position where we were using them we would be weaker for it, but sometimes youth can surprise you when they get their chance.

There are a few others I haven't mentioned who could foreseeably see gametime if we had multiple injuries in a position, including Zanzala.

Thanks for the update.  Maybe the 2017-2018 season will be a more realistic target for a major first team breakthrough of one of the youing lads. Can't beat home-grown talent.  I hope Elsnik appreciates all the hyping you are doing on his behalf1

57 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Did he score? I can't remember. 

That West Ham game was good though.

Just checked the bible of the Internet (wiki) and is says he scored a fine curling effort past Rob Green no less. 

And now he's playing for Corby after scoring 2 goals in 20 for St Mirren. Gutted 

16 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I absolutely hate how we revere every player at the under 21s.

I think after Hughes and hendrick, there is only rawson. And tbh in 90 per cent of cases the talent appears at the age of 18 or 19 -  same age both Hughes and hendrick broke into the team, same age as Hudelstone and Barnes. 

If there is going to be a player that is going for first team this year then my money is on Rawson. He's come through under the radar, and is already a proven championship player. 

I think we add pressure on the players and expect to much of them when they are going because we like the notion of home grown players. 

We have developed some fantastic players at our academy and long may it continue. I just don't believe in adding pressure on them. 

Lee Grant came through the ranks 

21 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

He came through what was then the reserves following his transfer from Nuneaton into the first team. 

We'll have to agree to disagree... We signed him at 18 years old and the following season he was making first team apparences and establishing himself. 

Thats the same age as the ox who came through arsenals youth system or cristiano ronaldo came through uniteds, although he's slightly older than when walcott burst in the scene through arsenals system 

In my opinion he didnt come through our reserve system we signed an 18 year old lad that was playing regularly in none league. If anything it counts as a great jim smith find 

19 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I absolutely hate how we revere every player at the under 21s.

I think after Hughes and hendrick, there is only rawson. And tbh in 90 per cent of cases the talent appears at the age of 18 or 19 -  same age both Hughes and hendrick broke into the team, same age as Hudelstone and Barnes. 

If there is going to be a player that is going for first team this year then my money is on Rawson. He's come through under the radar, and is already a proven championship player. 

I think we add pressure on the players and expect to much of them when they are going because we like the notion of home grown players. 

We have developed some fantastic players at our academy and long may it continue. I just don't believe in adding pressure on them. 

I remember when Marcus Rashford was behind Ashley Fletcher, Will Keane and James Wilson in Man United's pecking order. Funny how players can develop when they are given a chance. Writing everyone bar Rawson off is as daft as hyping them up.

35 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

We'll have to agree to disagree... We signed him at 18 years old and the following season he was making first team apparences and establishing himself. 

Thats the same age as the ox who came through arsenals youth system or cristiano ronaldo came through uniteds, although he's slightly older than when walcott burst in the scene through arsenals system 

In my opinion he didnt come through our reserve system we signed an 18 year old lad that was playing regularly in none league. If anything it counts as a great jim smith find 

True enough, agree to disagree. It's a well done to The Bald Eagle as a teenager MC was a great find having played less than 20 matches for Nuneaton and identifying his potential.

But fair enough G-Ram agree to disagree :D

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm disappointed for Zanzala that he is out injured just when some of the youngsters are getting the opportunities to get out there alongside the first team players this pre-season. I hope he's fit again soon. 

Has he got potential then?

9 hours ago, philmycock said:

He's quick, strong and a natural goalscorer, from my admittedly limited experience. That's why I would have liked to see him more involved, so we could see!

I'd say yes, though, to answer your question. 

9 hours ago, philmycock said:

Mel named him by name in the Breakfast club earlier this year as someone who "they" thought should've been involved with the first team. (not necessarily playing or anything, but just being around the squad)

Got high hopes for the young man. I know you can't judge a player on it but from what I've seen from the u21 footage on Rams player, he looks like a absolute beast. Like @angieram said, quick and strong. He seems to dance around the opposition like a bloke making his way back from a crowded bar with a tray of drinks. 

2 hours ago, seths-cap said:

Got high hopes for the young man. I know you can't judge a player on it but from what I've seen from the u21 footage on Rams player, he looks like a absolute beast. Like @angieram said, quick and strong. He seems to dance around the opposition like a bloke making his way back from a crowded bar with a tray of drinks. 

Belgian drinks?

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Sheringham loved him. He's fast strong and can finish and he never gives up on a ball. What's more to like ? I'm excited to see him play with better players and against tougher defences. 

That's the test isn't it? Can't wait to see him get his chance. 

Archived