Shane Nicholson testimonial

VulcanRam

8 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Something tells me Bents getting the nod over Martin. He seems to fit the bill alot more of a "Pearson type player" 

I don't know. I think tomorrow is the friendly we're taking a bit more seriously - I'd argue that Ince and Martin will be tried in the forward two places for preparation for the opening game. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

Not that great from what I gather. Well at least he's in Derbyshire now! 

He didn't make the cut there, went to the MK Dons and did well for a while before being chucked off to Chesterfield where he's a main man now.

1 minute ago, Alex W said:

He didn't make the cut there, went to the MK Dons and did well for a while before being chucked off to Chesterfield where he's a main man now.

Can remember watching all the YouTube videos of him back when we were searching for unpolished gems and bargains. 

The Sheff U game will give us more of a clue, but I'd guess Karlsruhe would be pretty close to the Brighton line-up.

Tonight was a glorified training session surely?

15 minutes ago, Alex W said:

Don't forget the 3 loan clubs before ?

20 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Blackman seems a different lad under Pearson.. and I think he could have a good season for us, we've got to get something out of him for the money we spent and hope Pearson can find it. 

Be amazed if he starts any games , he's just no very good 

The first half was pretty turgid but they put some effort in the second half and we enjoyed it.

My guess for the first game having seen that would be Ince in the hole behind Martin with Weimann and Bent as  back up.

Rawson looked very assured at the back and a big threat at corners.

Some young players really impressed me tonight that number 15 looked quite tasty and that young tall lad who scored tonigh took his brillently he showed such good compsure. Vhice charcheson Who went on loan to iceland he impressed me but should done better with touch on the ball.

I think jonathan mitchell could push scott carson if lee grant leaves no doubt about it.

Another good workout for the Rams tonight. Both sides treated it as a competitive game rather than the fun-packed testimonial that SB had. Good to give Shane Nicholson his night tonight - his story is a warning to all young players and his work to prevent it happening to others is very creditable. 

Positives: 90 minutes under the belt for Bryson, Baird, Russell and Fozzy. Bent very involved and coming back to collect ball. Second half did this more after youngsters came on - he seems to enjoy encouraging them. Scored another opportunistic goal. Hendrick strong and played some great balls forward ( but don't give him the ball when he's being tightly marked at the back!) Baird at right centre back. Rawson played well and scored a good goal when he attacked the ball under pressure at a corner (hurrah!) - looked assured at this level. Good little cameos from Elsnik and Gordon. Our fitness levels told in the last 20 minutes - we are getting there. Max Lowe's shot - best move of the game that deserved a goal. Another win!

Negatives: Pace fell at end of first half (maybe they couldn't see what they were doing) and at times in second. Hanson shaky - understandable after his injury. Negative passing from what is probably our second choice back three (not including Fozzy in that - his passing is erratic but usually positive!) Russell and Lowe seemed to fade out of game - although Russell stepped it up again at end. Baird at left centre back. Fans were asleep most of match - hope the singing section turn up at Sheff Utd tomorrow.  

The Chesterfield winger who caused us some problems is Gboly Ariyibi, BTW. He's American, apparently. 

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It is hard name for me try and spell

But got admit differently some lads in that team who can step up to our first team from time to time when injuries that crop up.

Don't worry about it the spelling , some people on here try and pick up every little mistake probably gives them some sort of satisfaction.  Did you mean Charles vernam ? 

Did Lowe play out on the wing again tonight? 

Only live 2 minutes down the bypass from the Prozac so easy game for me. First half was dreadful as a spectacle but interesting to see some players I've neither seen nor heard of before (with all due respect to them) being a newbie fan. The crossbar saving the direites from going in at the break a goal down.

Second half much more entertaining and a higher tempo and Rawson I think it was scored an impressive header to add to the Bent opener.

Good Derby turnout and although I can't offer any of you seasoned DCFC aficionado's any insights into players and systems (because I've got no idea myself ! :lol:) I can say that overall I enjoyed my first ever Derby away game. Can't wait for next Saturday now. Not going Sheff U tomorrow sadly as can't get off work in time.

Archived