James Chester - Signed for Villa

North_Stand_Ram

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The line "if we want a player we get a player" is a bit comical now.

assuming we did want him, we simply cannot compete with the ex prem boys...I fear for the championship in 2 or 3 seasons.

We have zero understanding that we actually ever wanted him... Obvious he's not wanted by WBA and generally when that happens you get 'rumours' generated by agents to spark interest... We seem to be the championship club in the frame with agent-created-rumour at the moment due to Uncle Mel's moneybags... Would imagine by January it'll be Wolves...

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The line "if we want a player we get a player" is a bit comical now.

assuming we did want him, we simply cannot compete with the ex prem boys...I fear for the championship in 2 or 3 seasons.

Problem you have here, is you don't actually know who we want. Very rarely does it get confirmed we want players, beyond a loose paper link.

In the past, when we do actually confirm via bids etc that we do want a player, it does tend to come off eventually. So tying that statement into every loose link, doesn't really work.

Think this is a panic buy for villa after what happened last night. Their owner said he wants Villa to be the best team in the world in the next 5 years and will spend as much as he can to achieve this. I say let him go for it if he keeps wasting his money. Chester is a good player but 9 million for a defender for a championship team is far,far too much 

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Think this is a panic buy for villa after what happened last night. Their owner said he wants Villa to be the best team in the world in the next 5 years and will spend as much as he can to achieve this. I say let him go for it if he keeps wasting his money. Chester is a good player but 9 million for a defender for a championship team is far,far too much 

Does this make Shackell a bargain now?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

It makes Pearce a bargain and shackel a good deal 

This is very true.

3 CB's at our club who could arguably be starting at the majority of teams in the league, and we've paid less than Villa just splashed on one who may be good without any guarantees!

Just now, Grantona said:

If Pulis does not rate a centre half, the player probably is not that good. Pulis loves signing defenders but happy to see Chester leave.

Not exactly great logic. He isn't into football playing defenders at all, he plays centre backs at full back half the time. He likes out and out stoppers.

Archived