Season ticket

WestKentRam

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Good question....you have to say open sesame as you approach the turnstyles or it wont work.

Yes Paul quite right, but don't forget you also have to remember to go through your lucky turnstyle. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine came today along with my sons first ever season ticket . I was over the moon , him not so much .

Me " are you going to come and watch derby with daddy next year " 

My son " errrrr no thank you daddy " 

All my hopes and dreams shattered! Mind you he is only 3 ! 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

That is SO important -and always change after a defeat! 

That's it Angie ! .. Same gate until you lose. Then change, and if you win you go back to base. I did try different gates for cup games but haven't decided on scientific efficacy of this theory but did it because I needed to preserve league gate and not dessert it wreck with Chelski of Man United :blink:

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Mine came today along with my sons first ever season ticket . I was over the moon , him not so much .

Me " are you going to come and watch derby with daddy next year " 

My son " errrrr no thank you daddy " 

All my hopes and dreams shattered! Mind you he is only 3 ! 

Made me chuckle a bit did this RR. My kid is 7, first ever season ticket anywhere and I've had exactly the same response! :lol:

I think in part to me having taken her to Bootham Crescent on a few occasions on freezing cold days to watch the mighty York City play against esteemed teams of the quality of Morecambe with no working toilets, matchday entertainment that could rival watching X Factor for an hour and atmosphere like the one you might get in our house shortly after me and the other half have had a barney.

She thinks ALL football and ALL football grounds are like this so has been scarred for life I think.

I took her for a wander around the iPro last month when we went to sort our ST's out and she was amazed at how big it was compared to the likes of York, Rochdale et al and we even managed to get a look inside where she was also amazed at how just how many seats there were and how high they went.

I think once we've been a few times and she realises the whole experience is totally different then I won't need to offer any more motivation. Hopefully. :o

50 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Made me chuckle a bit did this RR. My kid is 7, first ever season ticket anywhere and I've had exactly the same response! :lol:

I think in part to me having taken her to Bootham Crescent on a few occasions on freezing cold days to watch the mighty York City play against esteemed teams of the quality of Morecambe with no working toilets, matchday entertainment that could rival watching X Factor for an hour and atmosphere like the one you might get in our house shortly after me and the other half have had a barney.

She thinks ALL football and ALL football grounds are like this so has been scarred for life I think.

I took her for a wander around the iPro last month when we went to sort our ST's out and she was amazed at how big it was compared to the likes of York, Rochdale et al and we even managed to get a look inside where she was also amazed at how just how many seats there were and how high they went.

I think once we've been a few times and she realises the whole experience is totally different then I won't need to offer any more motivation. Hopefully. :o

My daughters 6 and she comes too ( when her social life allows :D) and she enjoys it . ( as long as the pringles keep flowing ).

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

So I received another season ticket yesterday. One with my old seat. How can they send me on 3 days before with my actual seat?

Surely they sent that one first. Throwing money away this club. Then making ticket prices extortionate!

My son received his yesterday ,my daughters and my own did not arrive .When I spoke to someone in the ticket office I was told they would all come out separately.When I asked if that made it cost effective and did it make financial sense to spend THREE lots of postage when ONE would do.He said thats how it was done .  Great way to run a business ???

The batch of 22,000 will have been prepared electronically and sent to a distribution centre en masse last week (the club said they had already gone out.)

So I would imagine it is much cheaper to pay the additional postage of extra letters than it is to get someone searching through them to either group same addresses together or weed out tickets that have been superseded. Labour is a lot more expensive than machines.

The new seat ticket was probably sent out manually by the club itself, which is why it arrived first.

P.S. We got our tickets yesterday. Yay! In different letters, to the same address.

Sith Happens
22 hours ago, angieram said:

The batch of 22,000 will have been prepared electronically and sent to a distribution centre en masse last week (the club said they had already gone out.)

So I would imagine it is much cheaper to pay the additional postage of extra letters than it is to get someone searching through them to either group same addresses together or weed out tickets that have been superseded. Labour is a lot more expensive than machines.

The new seat ticket was probably sent out manually by the club itself, which is why it arrived first.

P.S. We got our tickets yesterday. Yay! In different letters, to the same address.

totally agree, it amazes me how easy people think it is to pull out duplicate addresses and bundle them together, im sure the sales assistant in question hasnt heard it many times before, i wonder which way his eyes were rolling. It probably cost the club more in the sales assistants time dealing with why they arent sent in the same envelope than the cost of actually sending them.

Then if they did have software which identified this you have to decide who you address it too, everybody is an individual customer, so then the poor old sales assistants have to deal with people ringing them up moaning that they didnt want them all in the same envelope etc etc, and then those customers who have only pulled one out the envelope and thrown the others away because they expected them to come individually.

Archived