Johnny Russell

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

If Philips is worth 5million plus then easily JR is as well, if a prem team came for him with good money then fair enough but not a championship team please

There's a little problem. Can you see prem team wanting to sign him?

Now now now.... interesting.... unlike hendrick, if we lost johnny we would actually have 2 replace him. Apart from his dire 4-5 months up until new year last season, he has been quality, if the unlikely happens and he leaves, id want in excess of 7m for him defo, one of the best wingers in this league, anything under and id reject instantly, better than phillips all day long, and besides... if he left cam the ram would have to change his profile pic, that would be a travesty

29 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Now now now.... interesting.... unlike hendrick, if we lost johnny we would actually have 2 replace him. Apart from his dire 4-5 months up until new year last season, he has been quality, if the unlikely happens and he leaves, id want in excess of 7m for him defo, one of the best wingers in this league, anything under and id reject instantly, better than phillips all day long, and besides... if he left cam the ram would have to change his profile pic, that would be a travesty

And fans say we should get rid of Jeff because he's "inconsistent"...... ?

18 minutes ago, toddy said:

Russell loved by some fans but overrated by others................£3 million or above let him go, he is deffo replaceable.

Who would you replace him with for 3m? Not nit picking im just curious to know how you can replace his stats for such a little fee

Good grafter  - versatile. Take the Rams battle to them

Why sell him - to one of our main competitors (presuming this is Wendies or another top Championship club.) probably for a derisory fee

Would only be ok as a makeweight  - in a deal for someone like McCormack (swap) or some other real quality

Really struggling too see how anyone can think russell is worth 5 million? Even in today's market, he's worth no more than 2/3 and that's asking a lot, he works hard yes but he just isn't good enough.... He plays well for 2 games then does nothing shows abit off passion And everyone loves him, he's the most frustrating player I've seen for a while... Anything over 1.5 and I'd sell 

Much as I like Russell, I'm sure similar or better is out there, so up to the club to determine fair value.

Really would think twice about strengthening what I considered to be a serious promotion rival though.

And before I get slated by the russell lovers I'll tell you why...... 99% of the time when he gets the ball he just runs with his head down straight into players and loses it I can't remember the last time he beat his man... He's a poor finisher... He can't cross. Yes his team work and passion is great but that just isn't enough 

19 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

JR would be a loss, considering we spent 3 million on blackman, i want about 30 for JR.

I think Russell would be a loss for the obvious positive effect he has in squad morale. He also appears to have become a Derby boy too, it means something to him that we do well.

If the choice is keep him for these reasons (plus he is actually a good champ winger/forward with the right attitude) or sell for around £2 million, I'll keep all day long.

30 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

JR would be a loss, considering we spent 3 million on blackman, i want about 30 for JR.

This. I'm not going to argue about whether Russell is good or not, but who do people think we're going to buy to replace him with 2-3 million in the current market?

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

This. I'm not going to argue about whether Russell is good or not, but who do people think we're going to buy to replace him with 2-3 million in the current market?

We could always get Derek Draper out of retirement.

i used to like watching him and Billy Hodgson 

I'd not be too bothered. 

The first time he runs at a defender and smashes the ball off them it looks promising. 

The fourth time he does it Sky Sports will commentate that he's causing problems. "Defenders are backing off him"

After a thousand times, well maybe he's just really not that hard to defend. Point where you want him to run and he's off and you can cut off his delivery.  

He's handy to have around the place because he will do a bit of damage and a good chunk of defending. But there's Russell's all over the place. It's a British speciality. 

It's the racing winger that gets everyone excited because he's dribbled 30 yards and the defenders are going the wrong way. And no matter how many times these wingers are sent packing into corner flags and/or never lift their heads up, people still get excited when it happens again. And again. And again. 

Yet Tom Ince who has variation in his delivery will get criticised because he doesn't do what we expect from our wingers. 

The man who hits the byline over and over again and puts crosses on isn't dangerous. 

He's like a playboy bunny. Looks good but that's about it

Archived