Johnny Russell

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's someone like Cardiff Russell won't go, he loves the club and the club loves him, he'll never take a sideways move because It doesn't benefit him. If someone like Newcastle came in though it might be a different case

I'd rather keep him as I don't think it'd be easy to replace him, and he's a club man. for what it's worth though if we sell either one of our two best wingers, I'd rather sell Russell than Ince.

It would be hard for us to put a value on him. If we were looking to buy a winger who is a regular starter in a top 6 side in this league, we'd probably be looking around the £5mil mark. He might not be worth that, but in this market there's a lot of valuations that I don't think are worth it. I wouldn't sell to any side in this league for less than £4mil personally. He's a good player and is plenty good enough to be a squad player for any side in this league. He's the sort of player that most managers will like due to his work rate and attitude, would be surprised if Pearson wanted to ship him out.

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think we would get 2-3 million for him, even in the current market.

I like him a lot, but I can't see a villa or Newcastle coming in for him, maybe it's Fulham as a replacement for McCormack.

They might get a bit cash happy if they get good money for McCormack!

13 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

1.5M-2M. He aint that good

Its not a matter of how much we think he is worth, its how much another club are prepared to  pay to get what they are looking for,prime example when we wanted Shackel we paid top dollar ,Burnley knowing how much we wanted him and had no where else to go

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

But at the time shackell was worth at least 4m but they robbed us 1.1m. So not again if we were to sell i take no less than 6m.

It was Clough's fault not Burnley's ....Clough wanted Shackell out.

Archived